Just take a look at this goodness-
Oh my gosh, you guys- I just HAVE to share this recipe with you. It’s too good and too easy.
Homemade granola, as I have found out, is near impossible to screw up. So after looking at various websites and blogs on granola recipes, this is what I came up with (keeping in mind I played around with the ingredients I had on hand already!!!)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 6 cup quick oats (yes, quick oats- it’s what I already had and I was anticipating this granola to be more as a cereal than a pour-in-your-hand type snack)
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/2 c pure maple syrup
- 2 t cinnamon
- 4 t chia seeds
- 2 c nuts (I had a combo of macadamia nuts and cashews from the bulk bin)
- 1 1/2 c raisins
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix all ingredients except the raisins in a bowl. Make sure mixture is evenly coated.
- Pour mixture onto baking sheets and bake for 30 minutes, check and stirring often.
- Once granola is ready, remove from oven and pour in a large bowl. Add raisins and stir.
- Store in an airtight container.
This variation is like a maple-honey-cinnamon granola. It made the whole house smell fantastic when I made it last night, and I couldn’t WAIT to have it for breakfast this morning! I enjoyed my granola cereal with a generous portion of HUGE fresh blueberries and unsweetened almond milk. OMYGOD perfect.
And with coffee? Even better. I have no idea how I’m going to contain myself from eating all of it today.
Now that I’ve got this pretty basic granola cereal recipe down, I’m excited to try flavor variations (*I’m pretty sure that it will be more of a snacking granola if you use old fashioned oats, but the only way I really like to eat granola is in more of a cereal form)
Question: What’s your favorite brand, flavor, or way to enjoy granola?!!