I’ve seen it all over blogs and facebook recently, so I thought I’d post my own results to the food list challenge of 100 things to eat before you die.
1. Abalone- no thanks, it comes from the ocean
2. Absinthe- not yet, but I’m willing!
3. Alligator- came so close to having it in New Orleans, but no.
4. Baba Ghanoush- haha, I just like saying it
5. Bagel and Lox- Bagel: yes; Lox: hell no
6. Baklava- yes, delish!
7. Barbeque Ribs- The best I’ve had were in Memphis
8. Bellini- duh, check.
9. Bird’s Nest Soup- I don’t think so
10. Biscuits and Gravy- mmmhmmm
11. Black Pudding- no thank you
12. Black Truffle- it might have been in something I’ve ordered at a fancy restaurant
13. Borscht- no idea what it is
14. Calamari- NEVER
15. Carp- see: #14
16. Caviar- see: #14 again
17. Cheese Fondue- yes and I’ll have it again, thankyouverymuch
18. Chicken and waffles- not at the same time
19. Chicken Tikka Masala- nope
20. Chile Rellano- mmmm lick my lips good
21. Chitlins- ?
22. Churros- on the reg when I was little. Most often at Disneyland
23. Clam Chowder- grossy
24. Cognac- NOT grossy
25. Crab cakes- Best were on the waterfront in Boston with Tyler. I will never forget that meal. But I DID forget the name of the restaurant.
26. Crickets- Hell no
27. Currywurst- that just put a bad taste in my mouth, whatever it is
28. Dandelion Wine- keep talking..
29. Dulce De Leche- Holy yum yum!
30. Durian- not sure
31. Eel- NOOOOO
32. Eggs Bendict- I could eat them every day of my life. The end.
33. Fish Tacos- No, but Tyler wants me to try
34. Foie Gras- no thank you
35. Fresh Spring Rolls- yes!
36. Fried Catfish- what did I tell you about seafood? No!
37. Fried Freen Tomatoes- yep
38. Fried Plantain- yep yep!
39. Frito Pie- might have at some pot luck type thing…
40. Frogs Legs- not in my lifetime
41. Fugu- no
42. Funnel Cake- too many to count on both hands
43. Gazpacho- yes, and I have wanted to make some of my own for a while now
44. Goat- aww no
45. Goat’s Milk- awww yes
46. Goulash- check
47. Gumbo- Ahhh New Orleans!
48. Haggis- ?
49. Head Cheese- No way Jose
50. Heirloom Tomatoes- yes
51. Honeycomb- sticky good
52. Hostess Fruit Pie- Used to buy them at the Snack Shack at St. Jeanne’s back in the day
53. Huevos Rancheros- yummmmmmmmtastic
54. Jerk Chicken- yup
55. Kangaroo- No–but maybe
56. Key Lime Pie- ahh, yes
57. Kobe Beef- Where’s the Beef?
58. Lassi- ?
59. Lobster- I had it for the first time this past weekend. But only because it was mashed up in a dip and you couldn’t taste it. I would never ever eat it alone.
60. Mimosa- too many
61. MoonPie- hells yes
62. Morel Mushrooms- nope
63. Nettle Tea- how is that different from regular tea?!
64. Octopus- NOOOO
65. Oxtail Soup- not interested
66. Paella- Spanish class
67. Paneer- nope
68. Pastrami on Rye- NYC deli
69. Pavlova- no
70. Phaal- what?
71. Philly Cheese Steak- yessir
72. Pho- no
73. Pineapple and Cottage Cheese- My college staple
74. Pistachio Ice Cream- yes, and yuck
75. Po Boy- no
76. Pocky- ?
77. Polenta- yup!
78. Prickly Pear- does it count if it was mixed in an alcoholic beverage?
79. Rabbit Stew- no, but I have had rabbit!
80. Raw Oysters- no no no
81. Root beer float- UM YES
82. S’mores- SI SENOR!
83. Sauerkraut- yup
84. Sea Urchin- no thanks
85. Shark- no
86. Snail- YES!
87. Snake- never
88. Soft Shell Crab- no
89. Som Tam- ?
90. Spaetzle- no
91. Spam- no
92. Squirrel- no
93. Steak Tartare- no
94. Sweet Potato Fries- all the time!
95. Sweetbreads- nope
96. Tom Yum- ?
97. Umeboshi- ?
98. Venison- no
99. Wasabi Peas- yep
100. Zucchini Flowers- no
In total, I have tried 44 out of the 100–there’s so many damn seafoody creatures on the list!
Ok, so yesterday’s run got my legs a-shakin’ and now they are sore as all hell. I am going to have to veto a run today and opt for an interval workout at the gym later on. BUT FIRST, I must finish cooking this meal to bring over to friends that just had a baby! This is my first time making lasagna from scratch by myself, so I am hoping it turns out all right! eek.
Here it is beforehand:
I’ll back back later with a workout recap and other goodies…