Happy Monday, folks. I have been running around like cray-cray today in an attempt to run errands, clean, cook, and be awesome.
Good thing I started the day with a POT of coffee and these babies:
Honestly, just go make these right now. Even if it’s for dinner. I made these with a sample packet of Sunwarrior Vanilla Protein Powder that I got in my Bulu Box awhile back.
I’m not sure why I never used it sooner, because it had a fantastic flavor that really oomph-ed these cakes. (Oh, and I just looked online, and it’s REALLY expensive to have some of the stuff shipped to Canada. So, if you know of any secret place/way I can get it on the cheap, I’M ALL EARS)
Blackberry Vanilla Oatcakes
- 1 cup oat flour (I put oats in the food processor for this)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 egg whites
- Sunwarrior protein powder (or a scoop of protein powder of your choice)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp nonfat plain greek yogurt
Mix everything together, pour on hot griddle (with cooking spray), top with sliced blackberries, flip, eat. These came out SUPER fluffy and they were nice and filling. I topped the stack with a mixture of greek yogurt, almond milk, cinnamon and agave. Oh, and chia seeds.
I must be on a greek yogurt kick, because it was included in lunch as well. I knew I wanted a ton of veggies, but I wanted something to give a plate of plain, raw veggies a little bit of a kick.
Insert: Dill Dip
Yet another ‘recipe’ that I just threw together, and didn’t really measure the ingredients. But, it included:
- Greek yogurt
- Garlic Salt
- Lemon Juice
It went really well with my lunch plate!
For the record- lentil chips are the bomb dot com.
Onto random ramblings!
- I FINALLY got a call from Tiffany&Co saying my earrings were in. To quickly recap: I brought them in in December when a screw back fell off one of the posts. I was told they no longer make those and my earrings would have to sent out for repair (approx. 1 month waiting time). I then called them to tell them I would be out of the country and to call Tyler because I wouldn’t have a phone. Obviously they didn’t do that, so we were never notified my earrings were in. I went to the store at the end of January and found that they set my diamonds in completely different settings without my consent. Never mind the fact that the ‘replacement’ backings were defective as well! So, they were sent back out to have set in the original settings. I was told a week, and it took 3. I went in to the store this morning and found that the 2nd replacement/repair was STILL defective. I took them anyways because I was sick of dealing with their crap. RESULT: WE WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN.
- I am going to Seattle in 17 days!!!!!! I can’t wait to see my best friend. Nevermind the fact that I’ll be there for St. Patty’s day AND her birthday! 😉 😉
- I made fudge a couple weeks ago and over-boiled the evaporate milk concoction. The batch was super dry and yuck. So, I was overly cautious when making some rocky road fudge last night. Apparently I was TOO cautious. It didn’t set. BUT THE GOOD NEWS YOU GUYS is that if you throw it in the freezer, it’s edible! If that didn’t work, I was going to resort to nuking it in the microwave for an ice cream topper in the future.
- Here’s a list of AWKWARD SITUATIONS. The best part, I personally find them all hilarious. Like, I would WANT to be in those situations so that I could try to make other people uncomfortable. Ok, maybe not #3.
- Not that I’m trying to get serious or anything, but this article on 10 Reasons Why Women Don’t Say “I’m Pretty” I thought I’d include this because I am totally guilty of just about all of them.
- Way to go, Alberta.
- Check out this playlist I put together for today’s run:
I had to put this thing together all by myself. With no help. Why? Look:
64 of you saw this update/request I posted on my Facebook page yesterday, but NONE of you provided suggestions. Do you not listen to music? I kid, I kid, I know you were all probably too busy with Oscar/Walking Dead/Amazing Race watching. In case you were NOT one of the 64 people who saw this, I urge you to go LIKE MY PAGE. Maybe *you* will be helpful to my future requests.
Question: what’s your favorite way to use protein powder? Got something random to share?
Love the run playlist!
And that yogurt dip, YUM! I tried the click by the way, love the mocha! I have been making click lattes with vanilla almond milk.
yum! I am almost running out!! 😦
hahaha I almost hate seeing how many views something gets (blog post, facebook status, etc)… and then have NO ONE comment on it. Granted, i’m guilty as chaged for that most times, but still!
Pingback: PROTEIN! | nutcaseinpoint
iherb.com has sunwarrior stuff and it’s pretty decent to ship to Calgary (and way cheaper than community)
If you want, my referral code is HUF893 which will get you $5!
sweet! Thanks! I looked at their site yesterday, but I guess I didn’t research enough to see that they actually did ship here! I appreciate it so much!
* $5 off your order