And a happy Thursday to you, friends.
First, a quick little blurb to celebrate the life of my aunt (ok, my mom’s cousin, but who’s counting) who passed away this morning.
Now, as promised, I have rounded up your questions…and even added answers! Hope this isn’t too boring!
1. Sharing dreams?
Yes, I have really weird dreams. I could go on and on about how intricate and random they are, but that’s a novel in itself. Recent topics that have made it into my subconscious:
- Vin Diesel
- Las Vegas
- Handsome men (nermind who they are. All famous.. or strangers)
- Pregnancy (WEIRD)
- Nutella (as expected)
- Places that I’m apparently supposed to be familiar with, yet look completely different in my dreams
- Plaid skirts
2. I want to know what ten blogs you are loving right now. Always looking for new ones to read!
I have been a super shitty blog reader (and writer) as of late, and haven’t really added anything new to my lineup in ages. Most of my blog reading is now actually through twitter because it’s so much more convenient. But here’s some that I’ve looked forward to seeing in my Unread box lately:
- Living Mint Green (my soon-to-be-geographically-and-figuratively-close friend)
- The Lunchbox Diaries
- Snack Therapy
- Vodka & Cupcakes
- How Sweet It Is
- Sally’s Baking Addiction
3. What was the hardest thing about adjusting to life in Calgary? Do you miss home, or is Calgary home now? Doing any better in the making friends thing? You went a long time before getting a job offer here, how are you adjusting to full time work life again? When are you going to sign up for an Ironman?
The hardest thing about adjusting to life in Calgary? Well, other than it being an entirely different country, I guess it was just really hard for me to go from working full time, going to grad school full time, teaching a bunch of group-ex classes, and travelling to NY to see my parents….to doing ZERO things. Granted, I had my dog to keep me company while Tyler was at work, it was just really different to not go out and buy things or do things or have people I knew to do them with.
Do I miss home? Yes…when there’s a lot of laundry and I don’t feel like cooking. (Joke) (Sort of). I just miss having a lot of my familiar things: friends, family, places, etc.
Doing any better in the making friends thing? YUP! Have met lots of different individuals who I connect with in different ways. But I definitely miss having a group of people! Sometimes constant 1-on-1 feels super date-y. I LOVE GIRLS NIGHTS.
FULL TIME WORK: It’s totally not as stressful as before. In Boston, I had to jet home from work to make it on time to teach classes. And traffic was a bitch. And I SERIOUSLY disliked my job. Now, there’s FAR less crying. Although I do hate now having to take public transit because it just eats so much time on either end of work. But my office now has a gym so there’s a plus. Ahhh, I guess there are so many pros and cons to each that it’s comparing apples to oranges. I’m gonna have to cut this one short before I put my foot in my mouth.
I plan on getting a half marathon under my belt first. Then maybe a full. Ironman would be in the far distant future. 😉
4. What is your favorite sport in the winter olympics?
I like watching a lot of the skiing/snowboarding events. They are fast and tricky!
Ok, that’s all I had in questions. Hope it was interesting enough!!