From the Week

Happy Friday, everyone! This week has been fun, busy, boring and sad. Is that even possible? Ha! Work has been going really well (YAY!) and a lot of the home projects Tyler has been working on have really been progressing (DOUBLE YAY!). Gonna try to lay off the extreme detailing of the week and just focus on some highlights. And Wes-picture overload, of course..

Monday was so nice out. Tyler stayed home from work to continue working on installing the new flooring and my mom, Wes and I tried to enjoy as much of the sun as possible.






When we needed a break from the heat, we headed to the basement to work on an art project! Let’s just use the word ‘project’ verrrry loosely. It was more like freak-out-about-being-naked-and-having-paint-all-over-us mode. Followed by a messy, purply bath.




I soaked up a bit more sun on the patio during Wes’s afternoon nap…as if that was a chore.


Tuesday was another day to be outside as much as possible. Our backyard is pretty crummy with itchy grass and lots of bugs, so we mainly hang out on the front patio. Plus, there’s lot of renovation debris hanging out in the back too. Yuck.






In lieu of a morning nap, I took Wes for an early walk. It was a good way to wake up my legs before getting my workout done for the day too.


Wes helped grandma pack some of her stuff..






And we ran some errands before I had to head to work. PS: black pants in warm weather is just so stupid.



Wednesday Wes was able to start crawling around on some of the new flooring. It’s so hard to keep him contained while all this work is being done..I can’t wait for it to be over! His breakfasts are usually eaten in the living room because he likes to play around then have a bite here and there. Lately, he has been eating an entire banana with his breakfast each morning. #bigboy




We were going to head to Wild Rose Brewery for lunch, but I called ahead and they didn’t have highchairs. Boo. Instead, we headed to Craft and enjoyed a yummy lunch and a round of drinks.





Then it was time to drop grandma off at the airport. I’m not even going to get in to how many tears were shed once she went through customs. On a happy note, we did get to have her here for 3 whole weeks and Wes was just smitten with her the entire time.


Wes seemed to be able to resume with normal everyday activities, but I was in a fog for the rest of the day. Boo.


Thursday started with an early morning wakeup. Can you believe it’s been so long since I’ve had to set my alarm on my phone that I actually forgot how to do it? I wanted to get my workouts in before Wes woke up and even though it was rough getting started, I did it! I’m finishing up week 5 of 22 Minute Hard Corps and while I enjoy the workouts, I’m starting to get the itch to change it up with maybe some Insanity or 21 Day Fix EXTREME. Soon!

Sidenote–> May’s promotions are pretty sweet. Insanity Max:30 and Cize Challenge Packs. Shaun T is my favorite instructor- and I’ve loved all of his programs that I’ve tried so far. Message me if you’re interested and I’d be happy to send you more info. jennifer(dot)L(dot)Linton(at)gmail(dot)com.

As soon as the rain died down a bit, we walked over to the library. It proved to be a great idea for the day’s activity since Wes seemed to be interested in just about everything there. He looked pretty slick too. Gonna be a ladies man!







Then of course there was a margarita to be had. For Cinco de Mayo obviously.


Before I check out for the weekend, I just wanted to announce the winner of the Grapple Toy Tether giveaway….it’s Alison! Congrats 🙂



2 thoughts on “From the Week

  1. It’s always sad when grandma leaves. Mine was only here for a couple days and it was still tough to see her go! Good thing we are making a trip in June 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s