This morning, I went through every single post that I’ve ‘starred’ in my Google Reader. There were 844 posts in there. About 650 of them were decadent dessert recipes. Maybe 5 of which I’ve tried. But there was some good stuff in there. So, I have decided to share some of those with you today. Let’s get this started!
1. Margarita Cupcakes from Annie’s Eats, posted on May 4, 2010. I actually made these. My mom and I each had one, then just resorted to drinking tequila. I believe we began dancing around the family room in front of my sober father.
2. The Top Ten Worst Roommate Stories, posted on November 10, 2010. I really just starred it because I wanted to read about people who had worse situations than me. Post college wasn’t so bad, but I definitely had some interesting situations in college. The cops may have been called at one point. Sorry about that, Katie.
3. For some reason, this is the only thing I favorited from Texts From Last Night on January 18, 2011. Now that I look it, I’m sort of embarrassed. But now you get an idea what my life pre-Tyler was like.
4. I made this Pumpkin Banana Bread bowl (posted April 7, 2011) a few times in my day. My former single gal needed some lovin’ in a bowl to get me through the week. It’s seriously delicious. Well, anything with pumpkin is delicious. About 75 starred posts contained pumpkin.
5. Speaking of pumpkin, I favorited this No Bake Pumpkin Pie on November 14, 2011. I ended up making this when I visited Tyler here in Calgary for American Thanksgiving and cooked him and his friends a big meal. I don’t think it was a hit with them, but more for me!
6. Oh wait, there was another post I favorited from Texts From Last Night on August 18, 2011. Wow, that was TOTALLY my life. Mom, don’t click on that one.
7. February 14, 2011- my last single Valentine’s Day ever. I NEVER had a Valentine until Tyler came along. In fact, I was dumped on V-day in 2010 (hint: he was from my high school, and we somehow met up post-college. That is all). You bet your bippy, there were TONS of anti-Valentine’s Day posts I starred. In an effort to comfort my lonely soul. Here’s one of them.
8. I just had another great laugh watching this compilation of Oprah from May 19, 2011, announcing guests (John tra-VOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL-taaaaaaaa!) This is how I plan on embarrassing the crap out of my future child(ren). Pick them up from school screaming their name in Oprah-like fashion. I can’t wait.
9. I forgot I starred these Tex Mex Sloppy Joes until just now. And of course, as soon as I re-read the post, I thought of this clip from Billy Madison
10. One of my favorite food bloggers, Jessica from How Sweet It Is, posted Apple Cider Margaritas on October 22, 2011. I still haven’t tried them. BUT, since Tyler and I are on a Margarita kick, these might have to be made. Soon.
11. I also follow Cooking For Assholes. This blog has lots of great recipes- and humor to go with it. I specifically starred this recipe from June 12, 2012 because of itss apparent effect on women.
12. THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT POST. It shows you how to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew. Not a single one of you can tell me you’ve never been in THAT situation.
13. I starred this post in December 2010. I hadn’t even met Tyler yet. But somehow, this is exactly how I want my wedding to look like. I can’t wait.
K, I’m gonna leave you with those for now. More to follow in the coming week!