Aaaand I totally thought it was Tuesday. But it’s not.
Happy Monday, folks. What oh what do I have to share with you today? Well, there’s a recipe. That’s about it.
These cookies are seriously delicious. I was searching around the internets to find inspiration and after about 2 hours of wandering, I found it. These are chia chocolate chip cookies that I modified to accommodate what I had in the house and what I actually would want to eat.
Chia Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 1/2 c quick oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 c flour
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (I used Click, an espresso protein powder-my FAVORITE-, which gave it an awesome coffee kick!)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 c butter
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 3/4 c peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cookie pans with cooking spray.
2. In a bowl, mix oats, baking powder, flour, protein powder, and chia seeds.
3. In another bowl (or mixer), beat eggs and butter until smooth. Add peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla. Slowly add oat mixture. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Take tbsp amounts of dough, form into balls using your palms and place on cookies sheets. Bake 13 minutes and allow to cool.
I think it’s safe to say these are some of my favorite cookies ever. They have protein. And peanut butter. And chocolate. The chia seeds give it a great twist, too!
They keep their shape in small, roundish balls. Cue me eating more than intended. And they have a super yummy middle.
Ok, ok, I’m going to stop describing them. Mmmm….so good.
I managed to get in the cardio portion of Workout A from Best Body Bootcamp already. I ran about 40 minutes of intervals on the treadmill. It felt SO GOOD to get back on those nice treadmills and really push myself.
I’ll be getting the strength portion done while I watch Biggest Loser tonight. AND, as an added bonus, I’ve decided to do 10 burpees for every set of commercials (doesn’t hurt that the show is 2 hours!)
And last, but certainly not least, today is the first day of the Healthy sELF challenge.
The challenge was designed as a way for people to connect through social media as a means of motivating each other to choose healthy options in life. Healthy through food, fitness, love, etc. Today’s challenge was go to meatless. That’s kind of hard when you’re coming off a Super Bowl high and live with a guy who loves meat. But, I managed to come up with an interesting concoction. Insert: tofu tacos with slaw, tangy sauce and warmed grapefruit.
They had a lot of different flavors and textures, but it just didn’t feel like a cohesive dish. Nonetheless, I got in my protein, kept it meatless, and filled my tummy with an assortment of goodness.
Question: Do you have a favorite meatless meal?