I’m still alive. Yup. Just haven’t had enough things to actually chat about on here lately. So…yeah.
Things of lately (obviously if you follow me on Instagram, you got the idea already. And if you don’t follow me on Instagram, then please do!)
Workouts have been pretty consistent. I have been mixing it up between outdoor runs, home circuit workouts, TRX, spinning, tabatas, and as of tonight….HOT YOGA! I purchased another one-month unlimited pass today and attended the Bikram Vinyasa Flow class. Love Love LOVE it because not only did I get a killer workout, but it allowed me to completely shut my mind off for 75 minutes. So lovely.
The creepy pic that’s second down on the right (in the above montage) was a workout I did early in the morning last Friday before we hit the road to Edmonton. It’s super tiny print, so here’s the quick, but effective workout I managed:
4 tabatas (Tabata= 20 seconds WORK, 10 seconds REST, repeated 8 times for a totaly for 4 minues). I alternated between 2 moves for each tabata.
1: Jump squats/Jumping jacks with pulse squat
2: Pushups/Tricep dips
3: Fire Hydrants (alternating between L and R sides. link to video demo here.)
4: Russian twist/Lying weight press
So yeah, we went to Edmonton (about a 3 hour drive north of Calgary) for one night. It was a long weekend here, and everyone seemed to be getting out of town, so that’s what we decided on. Nothing glamourous. Just a chance to get away. We hit up the West Edmonton mall (ummmm they have an ice rink and an amusement park and a water park and SEA LIONS. Yeah, and lots of stores too) and found a nice spot for dinner, MKT. I decided to indulge and ate some foods I would NEVER order. Of course, my stomach totally paid for it, but I really enjoyed the evening with Tyler.
The puppies have been getting some outdoor time, too!
We hit our usual spot today. But I decided to take the four-legged friends up a bit of a hill just to see the view. (Just kidding, it was just to see how disastrous it would be to climb a hill with stairs with two dummies on leashes). It’s a bummer the photo didn’t come out as sweet as the view, but I tried..Maybe try clicking on it to enlarge it so you can see my stupid little write-up.
And to round off my ‘catching up’ post (although I’m sure there’s tons I forgot, so I’ll probably mention them whenever) I made a batch of muffins this morning. I had a ton of fruit laying around the house, and I knew I needed to use some up before it all went bad (already have tons in the freezer, too!) I used a recipe that I’ve used before, but adapted to what I had readily available in the kitchen.
Skinny Banana Blueberry Muffins (adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction)
- 2 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/4 c agave nectar
- 1/2 c brown sugar
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 T white vinegar + the rest almond milk to equal one cup
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 1/4 c fresh blueberries
* Check out the original recipe, linked above. I used agave instead of honey, 1 full cup almond milk (w/1 T white vinegar) rather than 1/4 c yogurt + 3/4 c milk) and whole wheat flour instead of white whole wheat flour. Just improvising with what I had!
- Preheat oven to 325, spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix agave nectar and brown sugar until fully combined- no lumps! Add the banana, milk mixture, and egg. Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Once fully incorporated, fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter into muffin tin. Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until tops of muffins are slightly browned and a toothpick inserted into the muffins come out clean.
What food/meal have you been loving lately?
Favorite place to get away…even if it’s just for a night?
DO YOU LIKE MUFFINS??!! (you don’t have to answer that)
1st comment. I WIN!!
Favorite place to get away – Key West
Maine is my favorite place to get away and I LOVE muffins. seriously! Donuts? yuck, but muffins??? weak spot. my friend got me a Lulu waterbottle for my birthday that says “I work out” on the front and then “because I like muffins, not muffin tops” and it couldn’t have been more fitting!