Man, what a week! In reality, it probably wasn’t all that bad, but I’m so hyped up with anxiety over my upcoming test, that every little thing on the agenda feels 1000x more inconvenient than it really is. It probably … Continue reading
Whoa, time flew by since my last check in! I feel like we have been so busy, and yet I don’t have too much to report. Stupid Calgary weather has our daily events all screwed up. Too much rain and hail and thunder and lightening AND I DON’T LIKE IT ONE BIT.
But, things could be worse so I can’t complain. I thought I’d start the week off by sharing some great [and random] goodies! In no particular order…
- WeeNation. I’ve share past boxes we’ve received from them here and here. We got yet another one not too long ago and it was a good one!
It included a Love Child Organics bag of Love Ducks (Wes is obsessed), Barbeque Sauce after sun lotion, Jax & Lennon bloomies, and a couple of other great items! The box was a summer theme and did not disappoint. Wes has outgrown bibs and the stroller wraps aren’t his jam so I’ll be either gifting those or saving them for future babies.
I highly urge you to check our Wee Nation if you haven’t already. They curate some of the best monthly boxes depending on your babes age (and time of the year), plus they find some great small Canadian shops to incorporate in each box! I really love that. And I love that there is often a goodie for mom in it each month as well. This box had a bath bomb that I can’t wait to use.
^^Moccs from Posh Panda ^^
I love whenever we receive one of these boxes in the mail because it is something that Wes and I can open together and he will usually take each item out and run around with it….because he can haha.
Be sure to also check Wee Nation out on Instagram (they have a code to get `10% off!)
2. Love With Food. I hadn’t heard of this snack subscription box before, but was super excited to try it when we were offered a box!
Love With Food has a really great premise behind their subscription boxes: not only are they providing a variety of samples of good snacks, but they are also looking for quality ingredients AND donate a meal to feed a hungry child for every box purchased.
I was more than pleasantly surprised when I opened our box. We have had it for just under a week and I’ve already eaten just about everything in it! There’s a great variety of sweet/savory plus there are gluten free options (and a strictly gluten free box available as well!)
Love With Food’s promise with each box:
- No artificial flavoring, coloring, or MSG
- No trans fats and hydrogenated oils
- No high fructose corn syrup
- Snacks are natural, organic or gluten-free
Wes has even shared some of these snacks with me! I gotta admit, I loved them all and look forward to my next box.
The people at Love With Food are offering all of YOU a beyond sweet deal–> use code NUTCASE40 and receive 40% off your first box. WHAT A STEAL. Moral of the story: you get good snacks, help feed the hungry AND get a heck of a discount. Plus, they ship everywhere so this doesn’t exclude anyone!
3. Bubbles & Balms. Oh man, you guys. This is my GO TO shop for soaps. They offer a variety of other skin care products as well which I’ve reviewed here and here, but my consistent order is always at least a half dozen or so soaps. There is absolutely nothing better than an all natural product that smells amazing AND is made locally by a duo that love what they do.
I bought a ton of their bath bombs to gift my girlfriend at her bridal shower and already regret not snagging a couple for myself as well. Bath bombs are THE bomb.
4. Beachbody. I’ve been rotating through my programs lately and still loving the daily challenge. This month is a KILLER month as far as promotions go: two of my FAVES are on sale plus a bunch of others: Country Heat, Cize, PiYo, 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, and 22 Minute Hard Corps. If you’re looking for some great home-workout programs to add to your workout routine, I’d love to chat with you more to see what would be the best fit for you.
Please message me if you’d like more info! I live by these workouts and I think my post-baby body is a pretty good testament to how effective these programs can be.
5. Invivo Wines. I got a bottle of their Pinot Noir a couple of weeks ago and was more than eager to pair it with a delicious dinner at home with Tyler.
There’s something about Pinot Noir that gets my juices flowing, because I almost *almost* want to swear off beer completely and just stick to the vino once I take a few sips of this stuff. It has the BEST aroma and pairs well with just about any dish. And I gotta admit, we polished off the bottle faster than we expected, which called for an early evening. But boy was it worth it!
I had never heard of Invivo, but was impressed with their fact sheet:
Turns out, 4th Spot Kitchen and Bar carries Invivo too! It sparked my fancy so we headed out there for dinner the other day.
I got a beer…whoops!
6. VIANDJAX. This is a small shop for baby/littles clothing that’s based out of Strathmore, AB. Wes was lucky enough to become a brand rep for this shop and we received a pair of moccs for Wes to test out. He absolutely loved the laces (a little too much which prevented him from just leaving them alone and actually WALKING) and I’m excited to pair them with upcoming fall outfits for him.
Unfortunately, Wes took a nasty spill on the concrete just before these photos (hence the bribery of chocolate chip cookies) and you may notice the big ol’ bruise that was forming on his forehead.
^^Romper from Archer and Antlers^^
viandjax shop is currently closed, but make sure to follow them on Instagram for upcoming updates and their fall launch! PS: Aren’t the moccs just so darn adorable?! I can’t stand it.
Ok, that’s it for now. Thanks for making it through the whole post!
Oh my gosh you guys, I have the best [and coolest] thing to share with you.
Wee Nation is a brand new monthly curated box for baby…of Canadian products! How cool is that? When I first found out about wee nation, I quickly contacted the power mamas behind the brand. I needed to get in on this!
Their idea behind the box is to provide age-specific, gender neutral Canadian goodies (with an occasional surprise for parents). You have the option of subscribing on a month-to-month basis, 3 months, 6 months, or gift a box! While the boxes are comprised of Canadian goodies, they’ll ship to the US. You’re welcome in advance, US friends. 🙂
Last week, I received their first box and it didn’t disappoint. In the least bit.
What a beautiful and fun array of goodies! This particular selection was the Big Baby box (for 4-12 months of age). Other options include Newborn (0-3 months) and Toddler (1-2 years). The box also came with an insert that talks about each of the products included for the month.
I think that’s a super cool idea! It gives you a little info on each company and there may even be a few promo codes for discounts on future purchases. Who doesn’t love a discount? (I totally typed that with an Oprah voice in my head)
PS: There may even be a promo code for a wee nation box at this end of this post!
Included were: a book, stuffed animal, two food pouches, a paci clip, eczema balm and chocolate. FOR ME.
Right away, I loved this collection of goodies because I knew they’d ALL be put to great use. The book has been read 100000x times, the pouches (and chocolate) have been consumed, the balm is in the diaper bag, the pillow is already covered in drool and dog hair, and the paci clip may or may not be gifted…or saved for the next babe…since Wes is paci-free.
And the info card had me back on social media for a hot minute to find all the shops online and follow them.
But the best part of subscription boxes like Wee Nation? All these awesome things come together in ONE BOX. Which means: less hassle with shipping. Which also means: A way funner (not a word, I know) delivery.
No wait…..Here’s the best part—> The lovely ladies at Wee Nation have offered $5 off your first box with the promo code NUTCASE5.
Thanks, Wee Nation!