Thoughts While Working Out: March 5, 2013
- Do I waddle when I walk? People always stare at me when I first walk in the gym.
- OMG they NEED to put a curtain or something around the scale in the locker room. Naked lady overload.
- Why must the women suffer by having to walk through all the snow/sludge/wet spots since the locker room is downstairs and the mens locker room AND gym floor are upstairs? #sexist
- I think I’ll do 10 minutes spin THEN row THEN run.
- I am already sore from the deck of cards workout I just did at home. I hope I can get through 30 minutes of cardio.
- Oh Shit. Do we have BBQ sauce to go with our dinner tonight? I think I’ll risk it- I don’t want to go back to the store.
- Baggy crotch on the bike. How annoying.
- The Following is a pretty good show.
- Jax Teller.
- Did I seriously record that TLC show Myrtle Manor? Yes, yes I did,
- I kind of want to drink tonight. I can because I’m unemployed and I might as well enjoy this time off while I have it. But people will judge me. If I tweet something about it, I know at least one person out there is going to sigh and think “ugh, what a lucky alcoholic”- actually, that’s a compliment(?)
- I miss my friends. How have I been here an entire year and still not made friends like those I have back home?
- I hope guys don’t want to watch me wiping down each machine I use because that’s pretty perverted- especially when I’m cleaning the handlebars.
- GUY IN SPANDEX SHORTS!!! AHHHHHHH OLD GUY IN SPANDEX SHORTS
- I hope I get a job soon.
- Camel toe when using the row machine.
- Why does 10 minutes on the row machine feel longer than 10 minutes on the bike? Physics? Probably not.
- I’m pretty excited to go to Costco this weekend. Debating whether or not to buy the economy pack of their version of cookie butter. I mean, there is some serious baking potential with that stuff.
- Isn’t eating paleo a little more calorie-dense? Almond and coconut flour..
- Oh, it’s Tuesday? I thought it was totally Wednesday.
- I think this couple walking the indoor track is taking approximately 47 seconds per lap. Crap, Jen, don’t think about that! It’ll make the 10 minutes go by even slower.
- Do I look jacked using the row machine? Probably not.
- The guy on the treadmill in front of me was totally next to me on the treadmills yesterday. And he had GAS.
- Speaking of foul smells, is my dog here or something? I think I swallowed someone’s burp-air or something.
- Should I run the entire 10 minutes or do sprint intervals? Hmmmm…..
- I hope I have a text message or something on my phone when I’m done. I am way too dependent on social media though.
- WHY DO WE HAVE A DIFFERENT MAIL PERSON EVERYDAY??? Inconsistency at its finest.
- People must think I have a circulation problem. (I removed my navy nail polish this morning, but the essence of blue is still on my nails)
- I’mg glad I planned out my workouts for this week. It totally helps bridge the gap until the next round of Best Body Bootcamp.
- Haha, Lisa Vanderpump’s dog name is Jiggy.
- Hey, this run is way easier than I thought it was going to be today. But my glutes are tight!
- “Shine bright like a diamond……..”
- Phew. Glad I ordered the wedding invitations today. They look so pretty. I wonder how many people will actually come. Ugh I hope I still fit into my dress. I hope people have fun.
- How many calories did I burn?
- That guy looks constipated carrying those weights.
- Phew! Done!
So I had about 36 thoughts during a 30 minute cardio session. 36 thoughts that I can SHARE. Bwahaha
Hi, what do you mean by SPIN? Sorry, i’m still new with these terms.. 🙂
They are the cycling bikes…you either clip in with special shoes or strap your sneakers in (the wheel on these bikes is 35 lb plate that you ‘pedal’ rather than a regular bike that generates air. You can change the resistance to really make it your own workout!
“What a lucky alcoholic”. Love it!
Do I really need to explain #1to you?
This was one of the best posts I read this morning! I needed the laugh – so thanks!
I love the random thought process.
Haha glad I could provide a laugh 🙂
haha…funny…I have chanced it too with certain ingredients in my meals. Just too lazy to go to the store on the way home esp after a workout!
Don’t know why but it is hard to make friends in these Canadian cities – we are supposedly really friendly but I think we are clique-y too or too busy, who know!
I don’t want to say anything negative- but I just have not encountered anyone that is like-minded and what I find to be personable. Comes with time, I suppose!
Going through your thoughts at the gym was hilarious! What is it with people being naked at the gym?! I can’t handle it. Modesty, people. Get some. And smelling other people’s gas is the worst!
No joke, the next day at the gym, there was a white board with a message on ‘smell etiquette’!!
haha I have many similar thoughts when I am on a cardio machine at the gym… the thoughts when I teach a class are even better, though:)
Haha yes! It’s just hard not to make a face that everyone can see when you’re thinking it!