Well, hello there. I hope this Hump Day is treating you all well. I am currently typing this in my pajamas (typical), on the couch, watching trashy day-time TV with the dog cuddled up next to me. Don’t shoot me out of jealousy just yet, I am also on the hunt for a job and predict that I will be
miserable, in pants, and behind a desk in the near future.
Just thought I’d pop in real quick to share some random bits with you. Shall we get started?
- I made the TASTIEST banana bread yesterday (I forgot to allocate for the altitude and therefore it did not cook enough for me, but I crumbled it up and stored it in an air-tight container for future dessert and snacking use). I still thought I HAD to share the recipe, because it really can’t be passed up (I know, I know, how many recipes for banana bread do you see on the internet? The answer: LOTS)
Here’s What you Need:
- 2 c almond flour
- 1 T cinnamon
- 1 t baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/4 c agave
- 2 ripe bananas (mashed)
Here’s What you Do:
- In a bowl, combine the almond flour, cinnamon, and soda. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the coconut milk, vanilla, agave and bananas. Stir until incorporated.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture.
- Pour in a prepared loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
You can totally mess up and not let it fully cool like I did then have banana bread bits to toss in your yogurt for later!
- The strength portion of my workout yesterday was a Deck of Cards workout. I wrote up my entire week’s workout plan earlier this week, but I didn’t specifically designate which exercises I would do for this specific workout. Knowing that I wanted to target, ummm, my WHOLE body, I came up with these moves:
- ♥= Jump Squats
- ♦= Pushups
- ♣= Side plank hip dips (each side)
- ♠= Weighted donkey kicks (each side)
Video Demonstrations can be found here: Jump Squats, Side plank Hip dips, Weighted donkey kicks
- This is one of my favorite new songs right now. I kept hearing it in the car and tried Shazaam-ing it, but Shazaam doesn’t recognize it. I did the grunt work and found it the old fashioned way (google), and here ya go:
- (Ok, apparently, the video doesn’t want to appear, so here’s a link: http://youtu.be/gAwj-EuZc2w)
- WARNING: I am not PROMOTING the following. I am simply allowing you to use my link to get 20% off if you are interested. OK?!
Ellie, the new monthly subscription program for athletic wear, has just released their March 2013 items and they are part of the LBD Collection. C’mon ladies, (sorry, gents- it’s women’s althetic wear only) we all love wearing black…it’s SLIMMING. And HOT. Anyhoo..check out THIS LINK (you will only get the 20% off if you go to their site through the link OR by clicking on the banner on the right-hand side of my blog page.
K, that’s all. For now..
Good luck with the job hunt! Banana bread looks great! Oh and am lucky enough that I wear leggings w/ comfy dresses to work, I hate pants!
Yum, I love using agave in banana bread. And I know, it’s the curse of the universe that when you’re not working you really want to be but as soon as you’re getting up to an alarm every morning and working long days you’re wondering why you didn’t appreciate your freedom enough when you had it!
I give it a month before I start hating it! Haha, but seriously, I haven’t been working for 13 months and its just getting ridiculous!
I LOVE banana bread! I am always excited to try new recipes 🙂
I am addicted to banana bread. Now, I know how to make one. Thanks!!! 🙂
No problem. My kitchen smelled fantastic the whole day just from baking this!!
Pingback: Hi There Ho There! | nutcaseinpoint