Hi there, ho there and happy Monday morning to you all. Let’s get right to it.
I posted last Monday on my planned weekly workouts, and here’s how I did:
- Sunday (3/3): Full Body Circuits and 30 minutes spin
- Monday (3/4): Lower Body & Core Circuit and 30 minute run
- Tuesday (3/5): Deck of Cards workout and 10-10-10 cardio
- Wednesday (3/6): TRX circuits and 40 minutes spin
- Thursday (3/7): 50 minute run
- Friday (3/8): Upper Body Circuits,
10-10-10 cardio—I was physically exhausted and only managed to push through 10 minutes of row
- Saturday (3/9): Active Rest
or an old BBB workout
Ok, now here’s what I’ve loosely outlined for this week (subject to change since I am traveling!!!!)
- Sunday (3/10): Strength Circuits with cardio intervals (workout posted below!)
- Monday (3/11): 40 minute run, 10 minute row, lower body pre-fatigue sets
- Tuesday (3/12): 40 minute spin, abs circuit
- Wednesday (3/13): 30 minute run, TRX/Cardio circuits
- Thursday (3/14): Off. Travel Day!
- Friday (3/15): Total body workout, run/walk intervals
- Saturday (3/16): Deck of Cards workout
Here’s the workout I did yesterday:
It was challenging since most all the moves were compound exercises (target more than one area), but it was really great to be able to break them up with some cardio. Plus, the cardio got my heart rate up (more calorie burn!) and allowed me to move and groove to my playlist.
My playlist that included BSB and Whitney and TLC. It was awesome.
Moving on to recent eats…
I made this Chunky Monkey Mug Cake and it was DEEE-lish.
It was made with: 1 mashed banana, 2 tbsp PB2, 1 egg white, 2 T cocoa powder, a few drops Stevia. After fully combining the ingredients, I tossed in a couple tablespoons of chocolate chips and macadamia nuts. Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes and you’re done!
Slaw Dogs. With sriracha, of course!
Cinnamon Pear Pancakes
For these, you’ll need:
- 1 c flour
- 2 1/4 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 2 t cinnamon
- 1 t sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup +1T almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 pear
Here’s what you do:
1. Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
3. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Stir until incorporated.
4. Stir in 1/2 of chopped pear.
5. Pour on hot, prepared griddle. Flip when top starts to bubble.
6. Top cakes with remaining slices pear and a shake of cinnamon. Makes 8 pancakes.
That’s all for now!
Question: Have any good new-to-you recipes lately? Do you plan your workouts??