Does that make them cupcakes? Meh, whatever. I will eat them any time of day thankyouverymuch.
These are seriously SO good. I kept the leftover frosting just in case I need to dip into it at random for a little pick me up. Don’t judge.
Maybe next time, I’ll just load these puppies up with more frosting so there won’t BE any leftover frosting. Yup, that sounds like a good idea. Definitely remembering that.
Let’s just cut to it and get to the recipe
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Muffins w/Cinnamon Frosting
for the bread
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 c plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
for the cinnamon swirl
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1 T cinnamon
for the cinnamon frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1/8 c butter, softened
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 t cinnamon
- 3(ish) c powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 and spray muffin tin or line tin with paper cups.
2. Mix bananas, yogurt, sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl until incorporated (can hand mix or opt for a standing mixer).
3. Add baking soda and flour and mix until incorporated. Don’t over mix!
4. In a separate bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar. Fill the muffin tin halfway with banana mixture. Generously sprinkle (and be VERY generous) with the cinnamon/sugar. Top each muffin with the remainder of the batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Note: I accidentally forgot to set the timer on this, but that’s my estimate! Just make sure a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean
5. Let muffins cool on wire rack. While they cool, put all ingredients for frosting in a bowl. Using a hand mixer, beat on high until nice and smooth.
6. Once muffins are cooled, top the shit out of them with ALL THE FROSTING.
Haha, did you actually read the directions? I swore in one of the steps. So naughty of me.
Oh wait, there’s one more step. EAT THEM ALL.
When I attempted to take the above picture, Reggie promptly got ahold of this one. I fought him for it and I won. And then I ate the rest of it.
So yeah, these are kind of healthy? I used greek yogurt instead of butter and brown sugar instead of regular sugar. Yup let’s consider that a healthy swap.
Ah what the hell, let’s just call them cupcakes.
Your turn: cupcakes or muffins?
yesss these look ahhhh mazing! And, I did not read all the directions and had to re-read them twice to find the swear 🙂 Anything with frosting is good in my eyes- the more the merrier!
Will you drive out to Kananaskis right now to deliver 1 or 2?
I’d have to bring 3 or 4 because half of them would be road trip fuel! haha
Pfft, there’s banana in there, that makes them healthy, so they’re totally muffins because it sounds healthy and I want one in my facehole.
These look amazing. Icing is my favorite. I has such a sweet tooth when I first started breastfeeding so if you are like me you will be eating that extra icing with a spoon at 2am very soon. 🙂
This is Alison. Why I put that as my name is unknown. I am tired.