Who is doing the Friday dance today?!! So a bit of news here- Tyler is DONE with the house and Wes & I are in NY for the next couple of weeks! Happy happy happy. Diving right into today’s post, … Continue reading
Hi friends! Happy Friday! How the heck is it the weekend already?? Wait, I’m not complaining. But seriously, I blinked and here we are. I just wanted to pop in real quick and share a few things that I’ve been loving lately.
I got this a couple of weeks ago and am in love. I have pretty good skin, but have noticed some minor imperfections lately (old age? postpartum? both? ew) and had looked into purchasing some rosehip seed oil. I kept avoiding the purchase in hopes of my skin miraculously repairing itself, but let’s face it I’m no Benjamin Button. I’ve been putting a small amount of the cream on my face after washing it each morning and I’ve noticed my skin is much smoother and moisturized. It’s even perfect under makeup!
21 Day Fix & 21 Day Fix EXTREME Challenge Packs are on sale this month!
I have done both programs and really love the workouts. I actually just started another round of 21 Day Fix Extreme this week and can’t wait to see how I finish this time around. The discounted price is a crazy good deal because you get the workouts AND Shakeology. Pssst: workouts + Shakeology = bikini bod. For reals. I am really excited for the promotion because it’s one of the biggest hits as far as programs go. If you are even remotely interested, please email me and we can chat! (email: jennifer(dot)L(dot)Linton(at)gmail(dot)com)
If you have these, then you definitely need the 21 Day Fix. I stopped by Grizzly Paw with Wes yesterday after we hiked Grassi Lakes and somehow wound up ordering them. Not intended, but it happened. They were warm and pretty tasty. Wes and I both give them two thumbs up. Also a perfect pairing with Raspberry Ale 😉
Hanging Outside with My Main Man
This fantastic weather has allowed for us to have tons of outside time. Every morning, we’ve lucked out by going for long walks. Then there are afternoon hangouts. Mmm, I can’t get enough of it. Plus, I get to walk the dogs after Wes goes to bed.
Well that’s all I’ve got for today! This weekend is pretty darn busy so it should be a fun check-in on Monday. 🙂
TGIF! Although that really means nothing for me. All the days run together..
I’ve got a few things I wanted to share as my latest favorites. But first, quick recap of this week:
- Wes is now is size 2 diapers. Can someone say HUMUNGO
- Tyler traded in his new Mustang for a new 4 door Wrangler. #familyfriendly
- Leigh came over with Amelia on Wednesday to hang out!
- Reggie ate a batch of chocolate chip cookies. He’s a total garbage disposal. Although, I did discover that he won’t eat walnuts, so that’s something.
- Ok, one more baby thing–> remember the episode of Friends when Ross sings Baby Got Back to Emma and she laughs? Yeah, I totally did that to Wes the other day. And YUP, he laughed. So he’s definitely my child. I actually used to have a shirt in college that read ‘OH MY GAWD BECKY.’ I miss that shirt
So, my favorites:
I have only ever used Neutrogena on my face and had been previously using one of their anti-wrinkle night cream, but I found it didn’t do really anything as far as wrinkles or moisturizing for my skin. I picked this one up a few weeks ago and just started using it and it’s really great. It keeps my skin nice and soft and definitely helps keep it moisturized- especially now that I’m starting to spend more time outside in the sun!
2. Grilled Zucchini Salad by Bobby Flay
I made this when friends came over for dinner a couple weeks ago. I didn’t know if it was going to turn out, but it ended up being delicious! I had to bookmark it because we now have zucchini growing in our garden and I’m going to want to whip this up for a lot of dinners this summer!
3. Home Workouts! I’ve completed week 4 of T25 Alpha and I know I keep talking about it, but it’s really just that great. It’s only 25 minutes and I find it to be super effective for both cardio and strength training. BUT- it’s starting to get repetitive. I mean, I have been doing the DVDs for just about a year now! Hopefully by the time this is published, I will have bought the 21 day fix extreme (just for the workouts, I don’t care about the food portion of it!) I keep logging in to the website to get it, but then keep getting distracted by a certain someone.
4. My neighborhood. Lame sauce thing to say as a favorite, but it is! I can take Wes or the dogs for walks for MILES and never leave the neighborhood! There are tons of paths and little parks along the way that make it pretty enjoyable and I’m able to change up my route on a daily basis so it doesn’t get boring. Plus, there are areas that are flat and some hilly areas, so I can choose which way to go depending on how strenuous I want the walk to be.
This shirt is so soft and breathable and I can wear both casually and for workouts! I must have washed mine a billionty times already and it’s still holding up! I keep waiting for them to go on sale so I can pick up like a dozen more.
Ok, that was a pretty boring list, but it’s what I’ve got! Hope you all have a great Friday and a great weekend!!
Happy Friday! Today is a big day- Whitney is coming over to take newborn photos of Wes. And Tyler and I are going out to dinner for our anniversary! (Big thanks to grandma and grandpa for babysitting for an hour or two!)
I thought I’d share my five top favorite things from the past week (aside from Wes, because he would probably win every week)
1. Hospital issued underwear. I mean, they are ridiculously comfy. I was able to snag a bunch of extra pairs from the nurses before leaving the hospital and am really sad they only last through a few washes before they start to fall apart.
2. Buttered Popcorn Rice Cakes- I don’t ever buy these but my dad picked up a few packages from the store and now I am obsessed. My mom got some of the caramel ones but I am trying to steer clear of those because I know once I start on them I won’t be able to stop. Nom nom nom
3. Quest Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars- Tyler is THE BEST and picked me up a box of these so I could have some in my hospital bag (we were told the hospital food could either be bad or limited and to pack lots of snacks. Turns out, that wasn’t the case and I was actually offered a few meals with some really great options) I only ate one in the hospital, but I’ve found these bars to be PERFECT to snack on at around 1am in between feedings. Only problem? The wrapper is loud as hell so it’s pretty unpleasant for Wes when I am trying to unwrap one of those suckers and he’s on the boob.
I’m pretty pumped that we just got a $10 off coupon for the local supplement store so I can pick up another box!
4. Juddlies Breathe-Eze Sleeper- After the first few nights of having Wes home, we realized he is not a baby that likes to be swaddled. We’ve found (for right now) the best solution is to have him in a sleeper with a light swaddle from the waist down. We also found out that we had only one newborn sized sleeper, so we had made a few trips to pick up some extras. This Juddlies sleeper is SO soft and it’s breathable, so we don’t have to worry about him sweating or being too cold throughout the night.
5. Starbucks Unsweetened Black Tea Lemonade- this is one of my summertime favorites and I’ve managed to pop into Starbucks a couple times this week because the weather was so nice it practically begged me to order it. Mmm mm so delicious.
So yeah. most of my favorites are food related. A close runner-up are some of the dinners we’ve had this week: they’ve all been yummy, summery dishes. I just love food. And having my parents in the house to prepare most of it has just been wonderful. Plus, there’s an endless supply of fruit on the counter, so I’m not complaining.
What’s something on your favorites list from this week?