I have no cohesive post to write, so this random blurb of words is about to happen. Sit down, grab a drink and enjoy.
1. Yesterday I worked out. Hahahah DUH! I always work out. I went to the gym before noon (which hasn’t happened in a long time) and I ran on the treadmill for 40 minutes, then 10 minutes on the row machine. I counted the row machine as a strength workout because it kills the core, arms and legs. I intended on staying on the treadmill for an hour, but my legs were feeling heavy from the lower body workout the night before.
I even tried foam rolling for about 30 minutes prior to working out, but it didn’t seem to help that much. Ah well.
2. I can’t believe I am about to type this, but I think I like having brown(er) hair. Perhaps that’s just winter talking. But I am actually getting ahead of myself and thinking that it would go best with my wedding dress. Ew, I’m thinking about that kinda stuff? Yuck. But seriously, I think it will.
3. Last night’s dinner was YUMMO. I made a lightened up version of chicken broccoli alfredo. Real quick, here’s what I did.
- Sliced 2 chicken breasts, cooked fully, set aside
- Oil, garlic and crown of broccoli florets, sauteed and covered to steam until cooked to desire.
- No Yoke pasta noodles, cooked according to directions.
That’s the easy part, now here’s the sauce.
1. In a saucepan, add 1 tbsp oil and 3 cloves minced garlic.
2. Add 1 cup low fat milk and 1/2 cup vegetable broth.
3. Slowly add 1 tbsp of flour to mixture at a time, stirring constantly to ensure there are no clumps. You should add about 5 tbsp of flour total. (Start using a whisk, damnit!)
4. Add 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper, 1 tbsp pesto paste, and 1/4 cut grated parmesan cheese.
5. Keep stirring, lower heat.
6. Add chicken, broccoli and noodles. Stir. Eat.
7. I topped mine with sirarcha and loved it.
4. We are on to phase 2 of our beer making. I’m getting more excited for it.
5. I was watching Jersey Shore this morning and thought to myself about how sucky it would be if I were at one of those clubs when the cast was there and they referred to me as a grenade. Because honestly, a lot of those ‘grenades’ aren’t ugly, they’re just not guidettes or whatever.
6. My recent downloads. Very alternative. And I actually listened to it while working out yesterday- and didn’t get bored! I suggest you try it.
7. This article hits home a bit. Part of the tragedy of moving so much.
8. I think cleaning the kitchen has finally surpassed making the bed as my least favorite household chore.
9. I have realized that we almost NEVER get mail on Thursdays or Fridays. Super disheartening. That said, feel free to mail me letters, gifts, postcards, etc.
10. Ok this post is stupid. SO, I am going to stop here, press Publish for some stupid reason, and go work out or something.