So, my dog is spoiled.
I went to the store yesterday specifically to get canned pumpkin for her. Over the last few months, she has been having issues where she screams in pain whenever she sits or lays down. We have brought her to the vet and found it’s because her anal glands have been filling with fluid. Gross, right? Since then, she has had to go to the vet a couple of times to get her glands ’emptied.’ But dude, vet appointments are nasty expensive. We Googled the problem and spoke with the people at our local pet store, and it seems that upping her fiber intake may solve the problem. Insert:
About 1 tbsp mixed in with her food, and she should be good to go. With her being a picky eater, I was nervous she would eat around the orange stuff, but dang she gobbled it all up!
And now she’s even more drooly! Gross.
As if the pumpkin wasn’t enough, she also got some of our dinner.
Correction: some of my dinner.
Guys- it was a good dinner.
Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions
Here’s what you’ll need
- pork tenderloin (duh)
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion (I used 2 small ones from our garden!), diced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
This is what you do
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees, prepare a baking pan with olive oil (or Pam)
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Place the S&P’d tenderloin in the skillet to brown on all sides (about 5-6 minutes).
- Transfer the tenderloin onto the prepared pan and place in the oven until the internal temperature of the pork reaches 165 degrees (about 25 minutes).
- While the tenderloin in cooking, add the onions to the same skillet in which the tenderloin was browned. Allow them to get tender. (approx. 3 min)
- Add the apples, balsamic vinegar, cinnamon, and sugar. Stir frequently to fully incorporate. Once incorporated, add the water to the skillet.
- After a few minutes, once the apples start to tenderize, cover the skillet and turn off the burner.
- When tenderloin is done baking, remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Cut the tenderloin and top with onion/apples mixture. Serve.
Sounds good huh? It is. Even Tyler liked it, and he hates pork (crazy since he LOVESSSSS bacon). And he hates the idea of pairing meat with fruit. Double win for me!
As if these yummy eats weren’t enough for the four-footed princess, Tyler came home with even more goodies for her.
One of the ingredients is pumpkin! She is going to turn orange soon. I promise to post pictures when it happens.
She loved these treats from Wet Noses. She actually played with her first brownie bite last night before inhaling it.
While my dog enjoyed being spoiled yesterday, I unfortunately did not treat myself to such luxuries. I didn’t even work out. And I was SO mad about it. Granted, I do have an exercise-filled weekend coming up, so my body could use the break. But I took out my frustration on Tyler with lots of frowns and moans and groans. Poor guy.
Exercise makes me happy. Even if my body needs the break, I like to indulge in workouts to stay HAPPY. I promised myself that since I was not doing a single thing yesterday, I would have an awesome workout today. And I’m excited for it! I’m going to run at the Y then get in some strength circuits from Best Body Bootcamp. And then I’m going to be HAPPY!
Oh wait, I did do one thing..
Anyone suffer from non-working-out guilt? How do you overcome?