Monday morning recipe for the win!
I was craving something warm and hearty, but I also wanted to use up some blueberries that were just about dead. What did I come up with? Something that addressed all of the above and more!
(Just eating breakfast while looking out the back window for coyotes. If you follow me on Instagram @nutcaseinpoint, you’ll see a pic of the rabid creature going through our trash)
Blueberry Coconut Oat Bake
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 c oats
- 1/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 t cinnamon
- 2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 3 T melted coconut butter
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 1/2 c blueberries
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350 and prepare an 8×8 dish
- In one bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, whisk the milk, egg, coconut butter, and vanilla together.
- Pour most the blueberries along the bottom of the pan. Cover with the dry mixture, then top with the wet mixture. Top with remaining fruit.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Enjoyed with a big mug of coffee, and I’m ready for the day! (Although I did manage to apply for a bunch of jobs online already. Look at me being all proactive)
HEY GUESS WHAT. I started a recipe tab. I’m slowly hacking away at it, but figured it would be an easy way to find the recipes I’ve posted myself.
HEY GUESS WHAT ELSE. haha, just kidding, that was it.
Ugh. that reminds me. I need to update my recipe page and workout page… I hate those tedious tasks!
Yeah, it can be a total PITA. I think I did it more for myself since I was logging into my own blog to search for past recipes haha