Let’s talk about things from this weekend, shall we? We shall.
Friday after work, Tyler and I had pizza and beer and mentally checked out to watch The Purge and The Hangover III. The end.
Saturday, I got up early and cooked myself some bacon and eggs. I ended up only eating the bacon because I undercooked the eggs. Tragic? Not entirely. Me likely the bacon.
Then I ran 5k. Balance is the key in life.
Then……I picked up my new car! My FIRST new car ever!
(Yeah, that’s totally the picture they took of me at the dealership.)
I got a brand new Toyota 4Runner.. much better than the 1998 Toyota Corolla and the 2003 Hyundai Santa Fe- although THANK YOU MOM AND DAD FOR BOTH OF THOSE VEHICLES.
I love love love it.
I sat in it in the driveway for like an hour yesterday. Totally obsessed. And the best part->
Hahaha YES. A car with a Party Mode button is my kinda vehicle.
Afterward, Tyler and I met up with our friends Crystie & Greg for dinner at State & Main. We shared the Calamari and I had the Mahi Mahi tacos. It was all super delicious. AND they even had my Okanagan Springs Summer Weizen!
Following dinner (And good conversation) the four of us headed to the theater to see Prisoners. It was pretty good, but a little gory. It also made me realize that I can’t sit in public for 2 1/2 hours. My ass HURT.
Today, I did laundry (exciting), washed the floors (exciting) and cleaned out the Santa Fe to get it ready to sell (exciting)
*NOTE: Everything above was, in fact, NOT exciting.
I also ate a butt-ton of garlic stuffed olives and skyped with mom and dad for an hour
*those were fun.
I totally just remembered the whole Photo Booth thingy on my MacBook, so I thought I’d share a photo of RIGHT NOW. Disclaimer: I have googly eyes and Layla’s paw IS still attached to the rest of her body, you just can’t really see her.
Now that I’ve remembered the Photo Booth thing, I totally have to share with you some of the pics I had my mom, dad, and I take on my iPad. Pretty hilarious. And don’t worry, I won’t hate it if you can’t tell whose who.
We are weirdos and I love it.
Other things of note for the weekend:
- I signed up for my friend, Athena’s Fall Into Fitness challenge. Check it out if you’re interested!
- I bought a jar of Nutella (worthy of mentioning, obviously)
- I get my first month transit pass. Looks like I’m locked into public transit for my weekday commute for October!
- I FINALLY got my wedding photos! (They have a giant PROOF written across them in the digital gallery and she’s putting the disc in the mail tomorrow) I’ll post some later this week, just gotta figure a way I can get them compiled!
- You know the expression “does a bear shit in the woods?” It should be changed to “does Reggie shit in the basement?” Because yes, yes he does. All the time. It’s getting REALLY old.
- My favorite pumpkin ale (in Canada) Phillips Crooked Tooth Pumpkin Ale
And with that, I have procrastinated my workout long enough.
IN THE COMMENTS:
What did you take away from this weekend?