I’m sitting here wrestling with which to share first:
The WORKOUT or the RECIPE????
Honestly, this is a huge problem because I don’t want whichever I choose to write about first to feel more important or better than the other. They’re both pretty good and left me weak in the knees..
So to play a fair game of eenie-meenie-miney-mo, I will go for the muffin recipe first (please, please don’t scroll down and skip the recipe, it’s pretty fantastic).
Pumpkin Muffins with Nutella Yum Yum (made that name up on the spot!)
- 2 c unbleached white flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c pumpkin puree
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c honey
- 1 egg
- 2 T unsweetened applesauce
- 2 T unsweetened almond milk
- 2 t vanilla
- Preheat over to 350. Spray muffin pan (as you can see, I got a little spray happy)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in one bowl.
- Mix all the wet ingredient (minus Nutella) in another bowl
- Add the dry mix to the wet mix.
- Fill cups 3/4 full and top each with about 1 teaspoon of nutella. Use a tootpick or knife to ‘swirl’ the nutella over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Ah, I can’t handle how good these are. I made them last night and managed to not even sneak the tiniest taste until I had one for a snack at work. I might’ve moaned at my desk. I blamed it on the computer?? No, I took the credit for all ‘mmms’ and ‘ahhhs’.
Ok, ok, so the workout. Last night I did that upper body pyramid, so tonight I decided to focus on lower body. I actually incorporated some new and haven’t-used-in-a-while exercises!
Each move (except the farmer’s walk) consisted of completing 20 reps, 5 pulsing reps, 10 reps, and 5 pulsing reps. For the moves that are ‘L’ and “R’ sides, complete the 20-5-10-5 on one side, then do the same on the other side.
To further explanation/demonstration of the moves, here are some helpful links:
- Zercher squat
- Standing cable hip adduction
- Farmers walk on toes
- Single leg hip raise with head on bosu
It’s all about balance.
IN THE COMMENTS:
Got any new-to-you moves you want to share?
Go-to baking recipes?