YOU GUYS. THESE MUFFINS.
So, yeahhhhh I decided to wing it in the kitchen last night and whip up a batch of muffins that were somewhat healthy so I could bring them to work for a snack. With it being close to the end of the week, there was practically nothing left in the pantry, so I made do with what I could find. The result? Something actually good!
Lemme introduce my little batch of Apricot Date Chai Muffins.
Thank you, thank you very much.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 c unbleached flour
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c almond milk + 1 tbsp white vinegar (or you can use buttermilk)
- 1 egg white
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 c. dried apricots
- 1 c. medjool dates
- 1 tsp chai spice
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray or line muffin tin.
- Combine flours, baking powder, salt, sugar and chai spice in a large bowl, set aside.
- Combine the milk/vinegar, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla. Pour into the dry mixture.
- Throw the fruit into a processor (or dice) to desired size. [See photo above- just a few pulses in the processor!] Fold in dried fruit.
- Divide batter into muffin cups, bake for 20 min +/- (hard to give a definite time, as I am baking at a higher altitude!)
- EAT ALL THE MUFFINS.
- MAKE MORE MUFFINS.
Nom nom, little muffin, nom nom.
(Would still totally work without the chai spice, but DANG it gives it that extra little flavor kick that makes a party in your mouth!)