I love my dogs so much and I cried this morning because I realized that pretty soon there’s gonna be a baby in the mix and I won’t have as much time to give these guys puppy snuggles.
In other news,
- I’m now on season 4 of Parenthood (yes, holy shit I did watch an entire season yesterday)
- The guy cutting my blinds to size at Home Depot this morning was getting a little too chatty about my pregnancy. Awkward.
- OJ is really expensive but so so so worth it
- The ‘barista’ at Starbucks this morning had the HARDEST time understanding someone’s iced coffee order. It was painful to witness. And if you don’t understand how to pour coffee in a cup with ice, you probably shouldn’t be working at Starbucks
- My parents get here in 2 days!!!! And my mom and I have pedicures on Friday because y’all know a gal’s gotta have decent toes when giving birth. I kid, I kid…I’m only in it for the massage chair and potential Five Guys burger for lunch.
- Anyone in upstate NY need a large unused dog crate? I bought one for Layla 5 years ago and she never used it and it has been sitting in my parent’s house since I moved to Calgary and I need to get rid of it. Let me know!
- Calgary has the worst drivers ever. Like the WORST. I’ve subjected my poor unborn child to entirely too much swearing when I’ve gotten behind the wheel. No one knows how to back out of a parking spot. Or merge. Or use their turn signals. Or just the freaking speed limit. Gahh, I’m getting worked up just thinking about it!
What’s something random you’d like to share?
Oh hey, Jen here.
Yeah, I’m sitting on the floor in the living room and our ceilings are STILL unfinished. SOON. I hope. I really do hope.
I’m procrastinating tonight’s workout. Just kidding, I’m waiting for the quesadilla and cereal to digest. So while I’m procrastinating…or waiting..I thought I’d share the good and the bad from today. More specifically ONE of each.
Let’s start with the bad. Fabletics. UGH. Have you seen the commercials with Kate Hudson? Yeah, the clothes look cool and some of them are pretty nice, but I was having issues with sizing and product quality, so I ended up cancelling my monthly membership. I cancelled it 9 weeks ago and still haven’t received my refund check for my last return (don’t get me started on why it had to be a check and not just a credit back to my Visa). Today’s series of phone calls to their *terrible* customer service line resulted in 1) being put on hold for 20 minutes while they retrieved a manager only to come back on the line and say the manager was at lunch; and 2) being told to please respect them for taking their time to process my refund. HA! Respect? The company insisted I return the product within 30 days of receipt, yet they can take 3592739573-237 days to give me my money?! Hmm…
Anyways, it might not all sound too terrible, but I just found their lack of knowledge and terrible script-like speech to be really time consuming/frustrating/give me a drink pleeeeeeeeease. Let’s just say there was a lot of barking back and forth.
The good: Well, it doesn’t start out good. The rug I ordered for the nursery from Wayfair.com was delivered and Tyler messaged me when he got home saying there were quite a few dark spots on the rug and to call their customer service to see what could be done before we actually unwrap it. (talk about run on sentence!) I begrudgingly got on the phone- ready to tackle yet another potential disaster- BUT within 2 minutes, the happy lady on the other end of the line apologized for the condition of the rug and ordered another one to be delivered right away. And I don’t have to return the damaged one. WHOA. Does that ever happen anymore? They get a huge thumbs up in my book. Assuming the replacement rug is damage-free!
Well that was a rant and a half.
Want to see some of the pictures I’ve taken with my new camera? Unfortunately, I’m still super green with all the settings, and the winter months give zero light for me to practice outdoor shots when I get home from work…SO- the dogs are my only subjects thus far. I’m ok with that.
Ah, these guys kill me.
Hi there! How are you? I sure do wish we had another 3 day weekend. Working 5 days in a row is HARD.
Recapping stuff from the past week (or so):
Hot yoga: I haven’t gone in over 5 months and I returned by taking a BV class. And did an upper body workout the next day. Umm, bad idea. I couldn’t use my arms for the rest of the week because they were so sore. I was this close to having Tyler help me wash my hair a couple of times.
Susie and I hiked Ha Ling
in Canmore on Saturday. Crazy part is: I thought I would be massively sore from the serious incline of the hike…but I wasn’t! How was a hot yoga class more painful than a hike that lasted a couple hours? Who knows, I won’t question it. Other cool things about the hike: yelling “HEY BEAR’ instead of carrying bear spray–> even though it’s a heavily trafficked path, YOU NEVER KNOW. Also, I needed to bring more water. Also, big horn sheep have big balls (I think they should have an interchangable name: big horn sheep/big balled sheep). Also, beer and nachos at Grizzly Paw
afterwards is a GREAT way to refuel. One more thing: charge your phone before you climb a mountain. That way you can upload more pics to facebook. Because everyone knows it’s priority to facebook what you do rather than actually ENJOYING THE MOMENT. I’m being half sarcastic/half serious here.
Sangaritas: omygod do it. Mix 1/2 sangria, 1/2 marg mix and tequila and BOOM. Instant happiness.
Beagles and water don’t mix: This one just makes me sad. We took the pups to the river on Sunday and there are so many people with their dogs. All of them go in except for the damn beagles. Seriously, I saw other beagles/beagle owners standing on the shore watching as other dogs cool off and splash around. I tried picking Reggie up and putting his feet in the water a bit, but I’m pretty sure a part of his soul died when that happened. So we brought the water to him.
Hair: I put blonde back in! Phew, I feel 102491824x better. I don’t know what the heck I was thinking by making my hair gradually darker. It just doesn’t suit me. Although I almost wish it did because it would be WAY less expensive to maintain.
Highlight: I booked a flight home to New York for a week in October! I’m also planning a road trip to Boston for a day or two. The older I get, the more excited I am to fly home. And have mom wash my bras and make me food.
Hope you have a great week! My pup buddies say hi
Hey guys. Tyler still hasn’t been able to go into work yet..which makes this a 5-day weekend for him so far. It’s so weird to live in a city where there is so much flooding (i.e.: ‘devastation’ but I hate using that word) yet not be affected by it at all. Well, minus having Tyler in the house for a few extra days.
On to some of last week’s eats:
Tuesday: BBQ Chicken & roasted veggies
Wednesday: Clubhouse Turkey Burgers (recipe can be found here. And ohmygosh are they GOOOOOOOOD burgers!)
Thursday: Portobello Pizzas. Holy heck, the picture makes it look like they’re oozing with cheese! Trust me, they were not. Otherwise my stomach would have murdered me.
Last Week’s Workouts:
- Tuesday: 20 min run, 10 min spin, Baptiste Vinyasa Hot Yoga
- Wednesday: Best Body Bootcamp Strength Workout B,Traditional Hot Yoga, 15 min run, 10 min spin
- Thursday: Traditional Hot Yoga
- Friday: Traditional Hot Yoga. I know this might sound weird, but I actually felt my hips open up during this class. I have no idea how to describe the feeling other than that it felt as if I could control my hips and actually move them away from the center of my body. Now if only my knees would loosen up…
- Saturday: Active Rest
- Sunday: Off
So Saturday we were out and about running errands (aka: Looking for Tyler’s outfit for the wedding. You can tell how serious we are about this wedding since we waited until 2 weeks before to do this!) When we came home, Reggie had successfully pooped, peed, and got into the mud room closet and shred his bag of food…but he didn’t break the plastic barrier, so he got none of the food. I always wonder if Layla just stares at him while he’s doing all these naughty things. I decided to take pictures of both of them once we got home (and reprimanded Reggie) yet somehow, both dogs look like they were guilty parties. Let me remind you, Reggie was the ONLY guilty party in this incident.
One of our errands was to actually purchase new plastic bins for both types of dog food, so we completely cleaned out the mud room closet and got those bad boys in there.
There was actually SUN on SUNday, so I laid out on the patio until the clouds reappeared. I think the puppies were just excited for the sunshine.