Ooooh lookie lookie, I’m back! Thought I’d share 5 random things from the week with you guys so let me hop right to it I don’t know which I’m loving more- my new East of Embers kimono, or my newly … Continue reading
Tag Archives: five on friday
Five on Friday
Oh hey there, Internet. I thought I’d check in real quick and give you a little one-sided chat before starting the day. So yes, I’m sitting on Wes’s playmat in the barely-breaking morning light without yet having made coffee and typing this up. I must be insane.
So still not too much to chat about here- summer months are just full of outdoor time and soaking up the good weather that it’s hard to sit at a computer and word vomit about it. Or maybe that’s just me. I can’t even remember what I’ve shared with you last, and I’m not about to look back, so here are some things of interest:
- Tyler and I have been enjoying lots of craft beer (per usual).
Lunch at National, Growlers from Banded Peak, Brewfoot Blueberry Ale, Tasting flight at Big Rock after Brewga, Tasting flight at Trolley 5
2. In an attempt to make a healthy dessert, I whipped up a batch of Flourless Chocolate Chip Chickpea Blondies. They were so tasty, but in no way come close to chocolate chip cookies. Or anything unhealthy (and DELICIOUS) for that matter. I would definitely make them again though.
3. Wes has been an exploring fiend and I love it. Well, most of the time I love it.
His Oxfords are from VI&JAX and they are the cutest, hipster-est little shoes ever. I love them.
4. I switched from my usual morning waffles to morning smoothie bowls and I just can’t get enough of them! My favorite combo as of late is: frozen cherries, cocoa, pb, spinach, greek yogurt, maple syrup, vanilla, almond milk. Topped with chia seeds and whatever other fun crunchy things I have around.
5. This view:
Five on Friday
(in my best Oprah voice) It’s FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Man, I love me some Fridays. Since I somewhat did a recap of the week with my post yesterday, I thought I’d share a few random tidbits with you today.
- Lately I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night sweating my butt off. So here’s my thought: yeah, I’d LOVE to kick my leg out, but this 29 year old is still convinced a monster hand will grab me. The result? I stay covered, sweaty, and awake.
2. Yesterday I built a light box. I’m pretty freakin’ stoked to take cool photos of stuff. My first subject? Donuts. I actually made them just so I had something to take a photo OF. I’ve still got some tweaking to do, so if you have any suggestions send them my way! Also, I love donuts.
3. I was walking the dogs the other night and randomly started thinking about my favorite songs. Like if I had to name my top five favorite songs OF ALL TIME what would they be? Tough. So tough. I know this is my no. 1 jam of all time (why, I have no clue. It just is). The rest are a toss up. If I had to chose, maybe…. this, this, this and this. I am so weird.
4. Remember that spin bike I bought a couple of months ago? Well, it finally got its designated spot in the basement….and it is currently a clothes hanger. So I’m technically using it.
5. Usually when I can’t sleep, I scroll through my phone for anything to read on any social media. Before I know it, I’m on the Explore Posts tabs of Instagram and good God ya’ll I can’t handle it. If it’s not snaps of the most adorable dogs ever, then it’s of delicious food. Or babies!. Ohmygawdddd the babies. I get sucked into the black hole and oogle over stranger’s babies like their my own. They’re so cute! Then I scroll through my own photo reel (99% of which is Wes) and bawl myself back to sleep. A mother’s emotional outbursts are no joke, I want to squish all the babies..mine included. (In a good way, of course).
What is your unusual favorite song?
Happy [freakin’] weekend!