(in my best Oprah voice) It’s FRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Man, I love me some Fridays. Since I somewhat did a recap of the week with my post yesterday, I thought I’d share a few random tidbits with you today.
- Lately I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night sweating my butt off. So here’s my thought: yeah, I’d LOVE to kick my leg out, but this 29 year old is still convinced a monster hand will grab me. The result? I stay covered, sweaty, and awake.
2. Yesterday I built a light box. I’m pretty freakin’ stoked to take cool photos of stuff. My first subject? Donuts. I actually made them just so I had something to take a photo OF. I’ve still got some tweaking to do, so if you have any suggestions send them my way! Also, I love donuts.
3. I was walking the dogs the other night and randomly started thinking about my favorite songs. Like if I had to name my top five favorite songs OF ALL TIME what would they be? Tough. So tough. I know this is my no. 1 jam of all time (why, I have no clue. It just is). The rest are a toss up. If I had to chose, maybe…. this, this, this and this. I am so weird.
4. Remember that spin bike I bought a couple of months ago? Well, it finally got its designated spot in the basement….and it is currently a clothes hanger. So I’m technically using it.
5. Usually when I can’t sleep, I scroll through my phone for anything to read on any social media. Before I know it, I’m on the Explore Posts tabs of Instagram and good God ya’ll I can’t handle it. If it’s not snaps of the most adorable dogs ever, then it’s of delicious food. Or babies!. Ohmygawdddd the babies. I get sucked into the black hole and oogle over stranger’s babies like their my own. They’re so cute! Then I scroll through my own photo reel (99% of which is Wes) and bawl myself back to sleep. A mother’s emotional outbursts are no joke, I want to squish all the babies..mine included. (In a good way, of course).
What is your unusual favorite song?
Happy [freakin’] weekend!
I need to get or build a lightbox. It seems to make a huge difference in photography.
I’ve still got to play around with mine, but I think at this point anything would be an improvement- my house has crazy lighting!
I have a lightbox and I hate it. It is useless and I have no luck with it. Thus why my photos suck!
I’m hoping I have some luck with mine. We’ll see how far my lack of patience takes me 🙂
You have to share how you made the light box! I have always said I would make one and in the winter months I could use one.
It was super easy- I just googled it. I’ll post the link next time I’m at my computer!
Yes, please share how you made the lightbox. I’ve been oogling one on PhotoJojo but exchange rates yo.
I would love to see the homemade light box!
All I have to say is, That is one good looking donut. 🙂
It was SO GOOD. I even had another! Haha
I don’t know if it’s unusual or not, but I love the song Free Fallin’ (acoustic) by John Mayer. Have a great weekend 🙂
Haha, I LOVE How Bizarre! Not sure about that last one though… 😉
Nice work on the photo box! I keep saying I’m going to make one, but, LAZY. I just use a big poster board for right now. You should do a how-to post!
“I’d LOVE to kick my leg out, but this 29 year old is still convinced a monster hand will grab me.” You are so adorable!! And yay for the light box! My mum was telling me about how to make one! SO fun!
Xoxo- Cailee @ http://hellohealthyeating.com
It was so easy to make, but I should have used a bigger box!