1. Well, yesterday was a great day. I sold a bunch of stuff for Tyler (makin’ money, y’all!), got my hair done (holy 6 inch roots. I’m not even kidding), had dairy queen, did the ol’ H-Dubs (homework), and got in a sweaty gym session. AND I got that Lulu gift card from Athena. AND I got a surprise bday package from my old bestie, Amy.
Now, let’s elaborate.
2. Who cares what I sold. I won! I won! I won! The money is mine! For further elaboration on my reaction to each sale, I URGE you to check out this clip:
(except, I didn’t die)
3. While I was out winning the money, I had a sudden urge to get my hair highlighted. I figured, I’m leaving for NY/Boston soon, and I don’t wanna look like a dumpster lady when I see all my family and friends. So, I quickly googled places in Calgary that were near me, and I called the first one- they had an appointment available right then- and I got quite possibly the best coloring.of.my.life. (No offense, mom. You did good, too). No pics yet because I haven’t even bothered to do it. I was in a hurry so I didn’t even have her dry it. Does anyone else do that? It saves a ton of $$ too.
4.OMG YOU GUYS, DAIRY QUEEN. I woke up with the craving. And it’s a craving that will not go away until my cookie jar blizzard is consumed. So how did I get it? I made a trade. I made chicken and veggies for Tyler for dinner: he buys me the dairy goodness.
5. Homework. I don’t even care to elaborate. I wrote about stuff. Lots of stuff. And read other stuff. Today, I have to read some more stuff, right about that stuff, and hope my group inputs other stuff. The end.
6. Is it logical to go workout after consuming Dairy Queen? No. Especially if you’re lactose intolerant. But I feel like an all-star yesterday, so I saddled up and got my hiney in the gym. Nothing super fancy, but enough to get my heart racing, palms (and other parts of my body) sweating, and blood pumping. I did sprint intervals on the tready, intervals of clean and presses/curls/rows with the bar and cardio tabatas, chest prest/skull crushers on the ball, jacknife/pikes on the ball, and medicine ball twists on the ball. Outta there in 40 minutes. As Antonio from Barter Kings would say, “Bah-Bam!”
7. I told you about the Lulu card yesterday, but I was even more surprised to get a big box in the mail from Amy. Amy and I were neighbors and best friends in High School. We drank Twisted Teas and Keystone Lights in my room, snuck out to parties, and got matching tattoos. (of what, you ask? A martini glass. Because that’s the cool thing 2-18 year old girls would get.) Anyways, she sent me some cool stuff:
Thanks so much, Amy!
Off to bootcamp!
Coming up: My response to ALL your requests from the last post. Get your comments in now!