1. Had an interview yesterday (nothing fancy, it was just a staffing agency. Apparently I will need some Canadian experience under my belt to be considered for more advanced positions, even though I have the education!) Since I didn’t bring any of my work clothes to Calgary when I moved last year, I had to go to the mall and find something appropriate that I would hopefully wear more than once (note: I hate work pants.) I came up with this gem of an outfit:
2. Came up with an AWESOME workout that I did yesterday. It was challenging, it incorporated both cardio and strength training, and it was entertaining (because it alleviates any boredom you might get from staying on one exercise or one piece of equipment for too long). I made it fancy on PicMonkey, but there are tons of arrows so I hope it’s not TOO confusing..
Let me explain.
- First, you do the first set of treadmill intervals
- Move on to the first round of supersets. Complete the number of reps for the first exercise, then do the number of reps for the second exercise. Complete this 3x through.
- Second round of treadmill intervals.
- Secound round of Supersets
- Same for the third round
- Finish with 5 minutes of treadmill intervals.
- It takes under an hour to complete (including rest times and stretching)
I sported my Lululemon Gather and Crow crops for this workout. I rarely wear them (don’t get me wrong, they’re COMFY) because they just look funny. And when I am doing my workout in front of a mirror, it just makes me feel funny. I prefer the fit of Wunder Unders (perhaps because they have a little more compression…particularly in the thigh-al region? I made up the word thigh-al in case you were wondering).
Can I just say again that I love my new gym? I don’t have to hover over machines or wait to use anything or claim my territory. Heck, no one even cares when I take dumb pictures. Like this one.
PS: That lady in the green crops is one of the personal trainers. Not only do I want her green crops, but I think her and I will be friends one day. We have already talked about water bottles, so I think it’s going places.
3. This morning, I used some leftover quinoa we had in the fridge to make some Quinoa Pancakes. I had never made them before but have always been curious as to how different they may or may not taste from the various other variety of pancakes I’ve made.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 c cooked quinoa
- 1/4 c oats
- 1/4 c whole wheat flour
- 1 t baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/2 t cinnamon
- 1/3 large banana, mashed
- 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 T plain nonfat greek yogurt
Here’s what you do:
- Mix everything with a hand mixer or blender. Pour on skillet, flip when bottom side is lightly browned.
I topped mine with the remainder of the banana and some PB2 (great substitute for peanut butter, I highly recommend it because the flavor and texture is pretty spot on! And it comes in powder form, so you can make it your desired consistency, add it to recipes, or eat it on its own!)
The pancakes were OK. They were fluffy and had a pretty pancake-like texture, but I could really taste the quinoa (I am used to eating it only in more savory meals) so it wasn’t my favorite. Still, a great way to get rid of leftovers! Next time, I’ll probably incorporate berries or cocoa into the batter to see if that changes my feelings about Quinoa Pancakes at all.
Question 1: Do you have a favorite Go-To workout outfit?
Question 2: What’s your favorite way to eat quinoa?
Love this!! I think you and the trainer in green have a real chance! #bestfriendforever
I love your interview outfit. I am a huge fan of a dress with a blazer. Classic look. The bosu ball is awesome, I am so happy my apartment gym has one.
1. I don’t really have a go-to. I have the hardest time picking out my gym outfits, sometimes I even have Bret do it for me!
2. I havent figured out a way to make quinoa that I really really love, so I just keep trying new recipes!
let me know when you come across something you like!
I always have to wear shorts and a take top when I work out because I get way too hot and sweaty!
My favorite way to eat quinoa is sautéed with kale, dried cranberries, sliced almonds, onions, and then stuffed in a baked sweet potato. Yum!
ah yes, in the summer when i get ALL ABOUT salads, i love a cold quinoa salad with craisins, pine nuts, lemon juice and olive oil. yummm
I love bosu ball workouts, awesome for core stabilization!
i know, i need to do more of them. especially exercises using it flipped upside down
The dress looks great with the blazer. The tights make it more professional too. Good choice! I hate dress pants too but I also hate being cold so I wear them at least a couple times a week. Stupid pants!
I think those lulu crops look fine on your but I know what you mean. The Wunder Under compression feel & look is awesome. I wear my looser capris like that for just hanging out, not working out.
I’m not sure I would like the quinoa pancakes. They look good! I don’t really have a favourite way to eat quinoa. I need to experiment more and find some good recipes.
I used to keep a flannel blanket at my desk in Boston so I could stay warm. This gal would NOT wear pants! haha
Yah maybe I should do that! I used to have a space heater but apparently that’s against code 😦
there were 3 rotating around our office but people kept stealing them from each other. and they were against code, so i never got in on that party.
Yum those pancakes look delicious! I just posted a pumpkin pancake recipe that you may like too 🙂 Happy Easter!!
oh, i love making pumpkin pancakes! especially when they are layered with nutella 😉
I make savory quinoa pancakes with egg whites and salsa. So good!
ooo sounds interesting! i might have to try something like that in the near future!
Jealous of your new gym! and love that workout idea (on an off chance i have time to get a full, long workout in of my own, my gyms are too busy for something like that. wompwomp). I love my lulu shorts OR any of my pants from there. my new top is also amaze.