If I just want to wish you an average Thursday, do I just say “Thursday?” Instead of ‘Happy Thursday!”
Pardon the headache and grumpy mood.
Today started cheery and bright with the puppy. She got her morning cookie out on the patio. She’s too cute.
‘Mama, just gimme the cooooookie. I sit real nice this this”
“Look, mom. I even give my paw. I’m a good puppy”
And then, I somehow managed to take my favorite picture of the day
I absolutely love that face.
So I took her for a super long walk. She, of course, led the way.
I kid you not, I looked a wreck on that walk. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t even wearing a bra. Disgusting.
You can even see my flyaways in this shadow pic
We ended up walking longer than expected and Layla needed a shade break
Oh right. Before the walk, I did two things
- I made chili
- I worked out
The chili was sort of a throw-together meal, so I can’t really give you EXACT amounts, but it went like this
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 2 medium yellow onions (from our garden!)
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of black beans
- give or take 10 mini carrots
(chop all that stuff up)
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
(brown the beef in a skillet)
- cayenne pepper
- chili powder
- onion powder
- 1 big ass can of tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
Throw it all in a crock pot. Cook on high for 2 hours, low for 2 hours. EAT.
It was soooooooo good. I can’t wait for leftovers.
On to the workout…
My leg felt a bit better when I woke up this morning, but I didn’t really want to take any chances with high impact stuff in case it made it worse. So I stuck with strength (ps: last night I couldn’t go without doing any kind of workout, so I did 200 situps on the stability ball. phew)
I did 5 ‘sets’ of exercises. Each set I did 2x through. If you need me to further explain moves, let me know!
- weighted lunges (12 each leg)
- weighted squats (12)
- weighted split squat (12 each leg)
- Donkey kicks (16 bent knee, 16 straight leg toe taps, 16 crossover knee)
- Double leg glute squeeze (video shows the exercise on the ball, I do these on the floor)
- Curtsy lunge with lateral raise (12 each leg. I used dumbbells)
- Overhead press with hamstring extension (12 each leg)
- Standing oblique crunch (16 alternating, 8 left, 8 right)
- Concentration curls (8 full, 8 all the way down-halfway up, 8 all the way up-halfway down. each arm)
- Tricep pulls & extension (8 each)
- Chest press & Flys on the stability ball (8 each)
- Behind your back pulses (12 count)
- Overhead press- palms in (12)
- Lateral extension (12)
Time from this cranky pants to hit the hay.