Well crap, I have no idea where the past week went. It was like blink and then gone. I wish I would have gotten more done, but there’s only so many hours in the day. Obviously I leave out a … Continue reading
Category Archives: books
From the Week
Hey friends! Happy Friday 🙂 I am SO glad the week is over and we now have a couple of days to spend with Tyler home…makes it so much more enjoyable. Not that hanging out with Wes during the week isn’t a buttload of fun, but you know what I mean. Nothing super exciting happened for us this week and I am totally ok with that! We were able to get outside a lot before of the warmer temps, and that’s really all that matters. Backing it up…
Monday: My little crawler was up to no good and trying to go up the step into the rest of the house (our living room is lowered). We still need to buy a baby gate this weekend for the top of the stairs, so I have been on high alert baby-movement duty.
All of his antics have really been wiping him out, and most of his naps this week have been prompted by his exhaustion. AKA: This mama didn’t have to calm a baby down to sleep AT ALL this whole week. That’s like….a miracle.
Before Wes was born, Tyler’s mom had sent us some clothes that his Grandmother had knit. They were all much larger than newborn size, so I tucked them away in the closet. And then in true mom fashion, I forgot about them. I tried to pull out a couple more pieces (he wore the bloomers here in some Easter pics) and this was the best I got. (After chasing around a naked crawler for a while).
Tuesday: Every morning after breakfast, Wes rides around the house in his car. Normally, I’d take him out for a walk but the early spring mornings are still too cool for my liking so I usually wait until later in the day.
After lunch, we did head out and walked to the post office so I could mail my US taxes (I’m so cool I get to do taxes TWICE!). Rather than heading straight home, we walked up to the library where I found a couple of books to read next. We stopped by on Monday to return some of Wes’s books, but I didn’t find anything I wanted in my quick lap around the shelves.
It was so sunny out that we continued on a walk around the neighborhood and stopped to check out the swings before heading back to the house.
Tyler made burgers for dinner and we paired it with some leftover potato salad I made on Easter. YUM
And then an evening car ride.
Wednesday: It’s a good day when I can do a few loads of laundry, make myself coffee and breakfast and then EAT said breakfast before Wes wakes up. I was even tempted to try to head downstairs and do my workout before he got up, but that was pushing it.
We had our usual FaceTime with my mom and dad before I headed downstairs (with Wes in tow) to workout. Now I know why I wait until he naps to fit in my workout- it’s no fun trying to plank with a baby crawling on you. Or always trying to untie your shoes! He was pretty good and was mostly distracted by some snacks and the dogs, though.
(PS: I am generally left staring at the ceiling of various rooms in my parents house when we FaceTime with them..)
I swear I change my kid’s clothes. We just so happened to get a lot of pictures with this particular set of jammies on!
We had a quick chicken dinner.
Thursday: I was actually able to complete my workout for the day before Wes got up, so that immediately put me in a good mood. Especially since I was a bit grumpy from having such a terrible sleep. I hate nights that I just lay in bed with my eyes closed….and nothing happens. The worst! Once Wes got up, we watched his favorite show (Jimmy Fallon. With Wheel of Fortune & Jeopardy being a close second and third) and he is completely in a trance when watching the monologue.
Wes took a long midday nap and we headed off to the mall afterwards to basically just get out of the house and pick up some stuff for dinner. And of course, Wes came out winning since I managed to buy him a couple of Old Navy shirts as well. That kid, I tell ya. Gets all of my money.
Dinner was a favorite hodge podge bowl of gnocchi + broccoli + mushrooms + chicken sausage + marinara. Hits the spot every time. And Wes has some pasta with marinara which he loved…and made him very dirty. Bath time for that boy!
Ugh, and the kiddo started pulling himself up to his feet! I was able to catch a few videos of it and it totally looks like he’s twerking. If he ever reads this 20 years from now, it’ll be like “um, mom…..what is ‘twerking’?’ haha, oof.
And that brings us to Friday. YAY!
I’m so glad to be finishing up my last week of Beta T25 because that means next week I start the brand new 22 Minute Hard Corps program! It’s done by Tony Horton, the same guy who does all the P90X videos. I am super excited about it and hope the results are just as great as the programs I’ve completed in the past (I totally know they will be).
PS: If you’re interested in trying out any of the programs, shoot me an email and I’d love to help you out 😉 jennifer(dot)L(dot)Linton(at)gmail(dot)com.
Hey, What’s Up.
Hey, what’s up. Some things to share (per usual)
1. Last night, I intended on getting to the gym for a run, but I couldn’t stomach the idea of bundling up and such just to get there. So I opted for an at-home workout. I plugged my iPod touch into the speakers in my office and got right to work.
Whoa, you don’t need to see a picture of me. Sorry about that.
The ladder workout was part of yesterday’s designated workout from Best Body Bootcamp. I thought it was a little too easy (not sure if that means I need to up the weights, or up the reps or what. Or maybe I just wasn’t exhausted from cardio or something. Who knows)
I finished it off with 100 burpees. It felt so good. SO GOOD.
2. I have decided that I am not a huge fan of healthy living blogs. Correction: I think I have healthy living blog overload. Sometimes I am just NOT in the mood to see my twitter feed or google reader full of posts about exercise science or protein-packed meals or incredibly detailed workout regimes. (Am I guilty of that? Sometimes. But I try to keep a good balance of fun, fitness and whatever so that I don’t get myself in too tight of a niche) Plus, I think a lot of bloggers “fake” their lives online. Those pictures of only having one peanut butter cup? Not real. Yet, many readers think it is. And therefore, they feel guilty for consuming the entire bag.
I’m not accusing anyone or whatever, just saying that that information is a little too much for ME sometimes.
3. I tried to start The Happiness Project last night, but I just couldn’t do it. Not my kind of book.
I moved on to The Casual Vacancy.
4. I am a crafting fiend. I broke out the glitter, glue, and paint last night and really got my christmas on. I’m not done with anything yet, so I have no awesome pictures to share. Plus, I plan on hitting up Michael’s again today, so who knows what’ll happen!
5. My family is cute
6. I have so many gifts to buy! My foodie penpal, my Canada blogger Christmas Swap, another gift for a White Elephant exchange, me… (haha on that last one)
7. I think it’s a Canadian thing to not wear shoes in the house. I hate that. I mean, I get that it prevents a lot of crap from being dragged in, but I have a dog. She drags in a ton of crap already, so what difference does wearing shoes make? None.
8. I will not be going home for Christmas. I am SUPER sad about it. (But at least I can enjoy my holiday decorations with my little family- see above). I am probably going to get comments about this one. Sorry people, I make no $$ and can’t really control the decision. I’ll be back at some point though, because I haven to get my wedding dress fitted.
9. Speaking of weddings, we finally decided on bridesmaids dresses (and their earrings). And I have emailed my coordinator to put together sample bouquets so I can actually SEE what the final product will look like.
10. I really want to have a cookie exchange party, but I don’t think you can really do that when all your friends live like 239572093 miles away- and in another country. Besides, cookies don’t hold up well when they’re stuck in customs.
11. Ok, I am sick of blogging right now. So I’m gonna go craft.
12. I would really love more followers on twitter and Likes on my facebook page. I would bribe you with a giveaway or something, but I can’t afford it. Plus, I don’t have companies giving me free stuff. Sorry. But, if you feel a little warmth in your heart, you’d do it anyways.
- What’s your favorite holiday cookie?
- What’s your favorite holiday decoration?
Let’s get to it.
Happy Monday, folks. Let’s get to it.
1. I won 2 tickets to the Kensington Wine Market Wine Fest on Friday! I was so excited because I really never win anything- and this I could share with Tyler!. Unfortunately, he got my cold, so at the time he couldn’t really taste much. We still had fun though!
There were 80 wines to try, and they were separated by country. Only one bottle of each wine was opened, so we were encouraged to ‘move on’ to another sample to allow for others to get a try. They had some food catered- finger foods as well as meat and cheese platters (I got hooked on the smoked bison).
And Crave cupcakes!
The event ran from 7-9pm. At 8pm, they brought out the cupcakes and dessert wines. If I could have just drank port all night, I would have been fine with that.
I got a good laugh because everyone arrived very timid and quiet, and by the first 15 minutes, we were all buzzed and chatting. Tyler and I made nice with the Spain and US tables. MMmmmmMMM (I have the pamphlet they gave us which listed all the wines, but I have yet to take a picture to share with you. I would do it now, but I am typing this in bed and I’m too comfy to move. Maybe another time.)
2. Saturday, we ran tons of errands. But who cares about those. When we got home a bunch of hours later, we carved our pumpkins!
Tyler’s came out better than mine. Whatever. I scraped the insides out of both of those suckers, so I’m the real hero.
And I roasted the seeds! I had no idea how friggin easy that was. AND TASTY.
4. Our post pumpkin treats were….beer. We indulged in some seasonal brews from one of my faves, Big Rock Brewery. We loved all three!
Autumn Wheat: Spiced Ale. Light in taste. Great with din din.
Loved the Espresso Stout! Only 4.2% alcohol content. It tasted like cold coffee with a hint of beer. There was absolutely no aftertaste. We both thought this would be nasty, but it was an awesome surprise. I could have drank about 6 more of them.
But I moved on..
Winter Spice Ale was 6.0% alcohol content, so I thought it would be massively strong, but it was still quite pleasant. Seriously, there is not a single beer from Big Rock that I don’t like. Good job, guys.
5. Oh, and I actually got dressed on Saturday. Like, makeup and everything. That never happens. Even Tyler gave me a double look because of it.
Not TOO shabby.
6. Yesterday I finished up my two midterms. Not fun, but after about 5 hours of work, I submitted both and the weight was immediately lifted. Now, only 5 weeks to go and I’ll have my Masters!
7. Layla is a lazy bum.
8. Workouts. Love em. Let’s talk about em.
- Best Body Bootcamp workout C (It was a mostly-arms circuit)
- 20 minutes of kickboxing
- The 100 workout
Oh wait, you don’t know what that is? Probably because I made it up. I was too busy making pumpkin pancakes, watching football, doing schoolwork, and finishing my book to get to the gym for any cardio yesterday (wasn’t up for cardio anyways), so I do a bunch of strength stuff in my jammies at home.
- 100 pushups
- 100 Gliding side lunges
- 100 stability ball situps
- 100 lateral raises
- 100 wall squats
- 100 leg lifts
Today will be an INTENSE cardio session followed by Workout A from BBB.
8. I bought toilet paper this weekend. I know, I know, it’s a big deal. I used to buy it at Target (in bulk), and it’s cheap. But grocery stores are significantly more expensive. I chose the cheapest one, which oddly enough was 3-ply. The verdict? 3-ply is no better than 2-ply, so don’t waste your pennies. #justsaying.
9. Started this book last night:
10. Got the new Pink CD. Played it on Friday night after we got home from the Wine Fest, and of course I had a dance party (with myself. Tyler doesn’t dance, and Layla usually just stands in front of me and stares)
This one is my fave: (you probably won’t see the link if you’re viewing this through Google Reader)
11. Important notes saved on my phone:
These are very imporant
- Trash can liner size
- light bulbs for house
- light bulbs for kitchen lights
- weight conversion (mostly for meat in the grocery store)
- gas prices. I still don’t understand why they price it so crazy looking,
Ok, I have to get to the mall. See ya.
Ma, The Meatloaf!
Consider my day made. Lookie what yours truly got today
Bahaha yes! I don’t LOVE these books as in I’d tell you they’re my favorite, but I do love laughing at how dirty and cheesy the plot is. For reals. First 20 pages: “oh, woe is me, I’m a single girl and lonely” rest of the book: sex sex sex. Hahaha so bad.
Twyla and I hit up the Barbell Blast class today down the at the Eau Claire Y. It was great! Bing bang boom, we were a-movin’ and a-shakin’ and lifting those weights like they were going out of style. Only downfall: after class, we had to climb the dreaded stairs to get back to my car. That alone was a workout!
Dinner tonight was meatloaf.
“Mom, the meatloaf….F$&*#!”
This lady had no eggs in the fridge, so this is what I came up with
1 1/2 lb ground beef
1/4 chopped onion
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 cup milk ( I used almond)
3/4 cup quick oats
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all the ingredients (use ketchup to top. See picture) and place in a loaf pan. Bake for 60-75 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
Pretty good. Really easy.
Especially for those nights when you don’t know what to make an just need something to schlop together
Right now, I’m watching The Bachelorette and I’m 99.9% confident that I will barf before the episode ends. How is this show still on the air? Probably because doofuses like me who continue to watch it. #fail
Hey, did I mention you should follow me on twitter? Because you should. And Instagram. Add me @nutcaseinpoint
G’nite all. Who’s excited for Friday?! Plans? Please share!