Hola, people of the world.
I just thought I’d write a quickie on my TRX class last night. It’s going to be pretty basic, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
We did 5 minute warm up (well, I told them it was a warm up..we really did a lot of side lunges while holding the ropes, and some arm stretching)
We did the next 10 moves for 1 minute each with a 45-60 second recovery (3 sets of this before moving to the next exercise):
- Hip press
- Suspended Lunge (3x on each leg)
- Chest press
- Single Arm Row (3x each arm)
- Atomic pushup
- Back row
- Ab rollout
- Suspended knee tucks
- Tricep Extensions
- Bicep Curls
Sounds simple with only 10 moves, but you’re doing them for a significant amount of time. And yes, you’ll be shaking by the end of it.
I managed to get to the gym way early before teaching this class, so I squeezed in a 20 minutes spin session. It was a great way to break a sweat before teaching (Even though I still felt pretty crappy)
Oh, and then when my class thought they were done, I had them get down on all four on their mats and do a few sets of the Dirty Dog (I call them fire hydrants- and contrary to the video I linked, I had the class hold the move at the top of their range of motion for a niiiiiiice loooooong tiiiiiiime). Bwahaha. I saw a few waddling out of the studio after that.
Very sore. Very awesome.
I started this book today:
Already pretty far into that sucker, it’s an easy and fun read.
A few things before I go:
1. I won a Kombucha Home Brewing Kit from Lauren over at Oatmeal after Spinning! Woooo hoooo! Check out her blog, she has lots of cool things going on over there 🙂
2. I got my Bulu Box the other day. Since I have been sick, I really haven’t gotten myself to try any of the goodies, but as soon as I do, I’ll make sure to post! (One of them is Birthday Cake Whey Protein…cannot wait to try that!)
3. Since we’re all sick in this house, I made a run to the store for chicken noodle soup and the fixing for grilled cheese. I think things will start looking up pretty soon.
Talk to ya later!
Great book! I might have to try that trx workout…
Do it! The 45-60 recovery period feels sort of long especially since you’re just standing around, but it’s totally beneficial 🙂
I’ve read that book and loved it!
It was ok, too depressing!