I am a bad blogger because I haven’t published anything in almost a week. That is not acceptable! But I have some excuses if you’d like to hear them.
- I am sick
- It’s midterm week
I don’t know if they’re legitimate excuses, but I am using them.
Hmmm…so since I have been stuck inside blowing snot out of my face and doing homework, what do I have to talk about???
1. Best Body Bootcamp started yesterday!
If you’ve never heard of this before, I definitely think you should check it out and register for the next round! Anyways, it’s an 8 week program for only $25. Cannot beat that. Tina sends you 4 phases of workouts (each are 2 weeks) that incorporate strength and cardio.
“But Jen, you’re a fitness instructor and personal trainer, why are you TAKING a class?”
“Because, my little internet friends, it is awesome to have someone plan a fitness regime for you. And it refreshes my workouts, and gives me inspiration to incorporate the different exercises and concepts to the classes I teach. Again, cannot beat that!”
Yesterday’s workout was 20 minutes of cardio intervals that alternated between 60 second and 30 second recovery periods. I did the strength portion at home because I had all the equipment. Then when I finally decided to chip the large ice cube that had formed around my car, I got to the gym for the cardio- which I probably shouldn’t have done while sick. I was doing my 8-8.5mph sprints in such a fog, that I don’t remember thinking of anything but bed.
I’m sore today, so it was worth it.
Today’s workout will have to be modified since I am teaching TRX. I’ll probably skip the strength portion for another day but still get the cardio done (assuming I can breathe, I heard that’s important).
2. Midterms this week. This is all I have to say about that:
3. There is a lot of snow outside.
And I lost my winter coat this weekend. It is my belief that all coat-checkers be certified (you know how elevators have inspection stickers, and restaurants have certifications, and hair stylists have their permits? Yeah, coat-checkers should have the same) I handed mine to an imposter and BAM my $220 coat was gone. So sad.
Because I am super cheap, I spent most of the day yesterday online trying to find a WARM coat for a good deal. After much hoopla, the best thing was to have my parents get one for me in NY and mail it here. Therefore, I can’t go outside until the FedEx guy shows up Thursday. (Ok, I do have a wool coat and a puffy parka, but the wool coat is fancy schmancy and the parka is for poopy dog walks only)
4. My bestie, Kysha, sent me an invite to Zulily since they had some coats on sale there. (THANKS!!!) I got sidetracked and looked through Zulily (it even allowed me to ‘shop internationally’, so Canadians out there, you can shop on Zulily, too!) and there are so many awesome deals. Click here to check it out, sign up, and SHOP SHOP SHOP till ya DROP DROP DROP! (or if you lose a coat, like I did)
5. I roasted my first acorn squash last night and it came out perfectly. I suck at using sharp objects in the kitchen, so I took a butcher knife and a hammer to that sucker and got the job done. I sprinkled each half with melted butter, brown sugar, and maple syrup and baked at 400 degrees for just over an hour.
I also tried my hand at Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf. It was alright, but not good enough for me to post the recipe. We also had asparagus. Um, there is a reason I don’t buy asparagus here.
- it’s THICK (twss)
- You end up breaking off almost half the stalk, so it’s wasteful
- it’s MUCHO DINERO
6. My latest Pinterest obsession has been wedding flowers. I need to make a decision so I can figure out what some of the other decorations I might want. This one caught my eye for color purposes only
That’s the extent of my wedding posting for now.
7. If the stupid Lions didn’t F up the game last night, I would have won this week’s football poll. I can’t even be mad at Jay Cutler for that one.
I’ll leave you with yet another picture of my four-legged companion:
Poor you, having snow already 😦 Good luck on your mid-terms this week!
No, no, no… read your blogging contract! I’ve blogged every day this week even though I have walking pneumonia, I’m working on my thesis and there’s been a hurricane/hailstorm in my area. Suck it up, buttercup!
Those are all good excuses!! I am disliking the snow. I may have to try that workout course. And now that I know I can shop zulily in Canada. I’m off to shop. 😉
It’s great because you’re not OBLIGATED to do anything, but she emails all of the workouts with links to demonstrations and explanations, so you can always have them handy!
You gotta blog WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE IT or else it will become an obligation. Taking a break is A-OKAY!
I think it’s great that you’re doing Best Body Bootcamp! I too am a PFT and Group Ex instructor- but I never stop learning! It’s always great to find new exercises!