So here are some links to things I have starred this week on my Google Reader:
1. A Day in the Life. Bonnie, a personal trainer who currently lives in Calgary as well, also stems from California. In this post, she talks about the differences– and I totally agree with her. Trader Joe’s and In-n-Out for the American win; Man of my life and having 2 dollar coins for the Canadian win.
2. Some More Fitness Center Pickup Lines from Jack Sh*t, Gettin’ Fit. I can’t pick out a favorite, because they’re all hilarious. And if I were still single, I would totally test one out. Because I am weird like that.
3. I want this outfit. Like, now. I wore my bright pink Wunder Unders with a Purple tank and my super duper bright NB sneaks to the gym today. Yeah, I got looks. And yeah……I loved it.
4. I’m 99.9% sure these pancakes will make their way into my diet sometime in the near future. I mean, how could they not?
5. Can you differentiate frenemies from bitchy friends? This post tells you how. After you read it, write a list of all your friends then put an “f” for frenemy and “b” for bitch next to the designated names. This is really just for your quick reference. You might want to re-evaluate some of your friendships. Burn that paper right away, because if any one of those gals find it- well, it won’t be pretty.
6. And I thought I was a whacky fitness instructor/trainer. This dude went WAY out of his way to get in touch with some of his clients.
7. For your exercise-related reading pleasure, this article reveals information regarding the link between exercise and depression. Do you think it’s crap? Go do 100 pushups and tell me what you think.
I am always telling people in my classes to breathe. And when I do, they look at me and roll their eyes. Then, I count all the blue faces when they’re doing tons of pushups and I have to remind them again. Breathing comes naturally, so don’t stop doing it- even when your pumping 5092735 pounds of iron, mmmk?
Anything you’re loving this week?