- Athena posted two workouts not long ago and I’ve done both- A bosu/row workout and a total body blast
- Blonde Ponytail’s workouts: Till My Thighs Don’t Touch; Gym Tabata Workout; and Dumb Bells Only HIIT Workout
- Burpees to Bubbly posted a 3-2-1 UXF Burn workout
- Tina Reale’s workouts: Upper Body and Lower Body Burnout; and Drop It Like It’s Hot
Confessions. Getting right to it.
1. I really want Reggie to wear his Halloween costume every day this month. It looks too funny and I can’t get enough of it.
2. I went to SEVEN drug stores yesterday to hunt down my latest Essie obsession. Not only did I text the work ‘EUREKA!!!!!’ to Tyler, but I also shouted it out loud in the store when I discovered my mission had finally been accomplished.
3. One of my co-worker/new friends invited me to get my hair and makeup done for free. And it just so happened that I was able to get my makeup done by the Benefit counter. Aka: the recipient of most my money for the past 12 years. The girl was trying to sell me some of the products, and every one of my responses were: “I already have that” I managed to pick out two things that I felt I needed the most. Plus I got a free makeup bag and TONS of samples.
4. When we can’t decide what to have for dinner, it’s almost always Turkey Clubs. They’re yummy and easy to make. That is all I have to say about that.
5. I have been OBSESSED with edamame lately. Like, I have been ordering it as an entree in restaurants (me-thinks my over exuberant sucking-of-the-pods is what got us our free meal last week. I mean, think about it. You’re a guy and you’re alone at the bar and you see some lady going to town on hoovering some beans out of their straw-like homes and you might be tempted to just pay for the pleasure. I get it.) This weekend, threw together a batch with a sriracha sauce. And it was so good. And my face was sweaty and on FIIIIIYYYYYAAAA (read: fire) afterwards.
6. My mama sent me some fall goodies! Pumpking pancake mix, a cute kitchen towel, and a frame of her and my dad somewhere in the Adirondacks kayaking. And you follow me on IG, you’ll have read that I am now a cider donut and slice of ma’s apple pie away from feeling as though fall is complete. I’m not one to love the cooler weather (let’s just take a second on laugh at my current geographical location then) but I do love some of that comfort food/outdoorsy mumbo jumbo. To make up for my lack of east coast fall-wonderfullness, I threw together a batch of cranberry muffins. Mmmmmmm SO GOOD.
7. I have been running outside. You’d think I would have taken advantage of this during the warmer months, but I surprisingly love slightly cooler weather for running. Plus, I feel bad for not having taken advantage of outdoor running in the summer months, so I’m trying to squeeze a few in before it gets dark too early. Let’s all let out a collective sigh for when THAT happens.
8. I have been loving this song lately. I had to drive into work today to leave early for a doctor’s appt, and I cranked the crap out of my stereo when it came on. Mind you, this is at 7:30am when just about every person on the road is a Mr. or Mrs. Cranky Pants for having to be awake. And I was head bobbing and steering-wheel-tapping.
9. And now Usher’s damn song is stuck in my head. “These are my confessions….”
Happy Humpday, y’all.
Tyler just found out that his office is closed until next Tuesday. Hot dang. This gives him almost 3 weeks out of the office, since the day after he’s supposed to go back, we head to New York!
I tried Union Hot Yoga this morning. Yeah…super workout. LOVED the instructor. I’m pooped.
I read this post this morning and TOTALLY identified with it. There are some dum dums at the gym and I can’t staaaaaand them. (Hint: It’s a Gym Rant)
I got my hair did yesterday. If you need someone in Calgary to do your hair, ask for Alicia at Karma Salon and Spa.
New nail polishes: Muchi, Muchi and Pure Pearlfection. (Gotta stay late pre-wedding so I don’t stain my nails!)
EVERYONE GO MAKE PICO DE GALLO NOW. It’s so summery and so tasty and so…healthy.
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- Chopped cilantro to taste
- 1-2 t minced garlic
We started using those Crest White Strips this week. Gotta have pearly whites for pic, ya know. We got those 30 min ones and basically just sit in silence the whole time because otherwise we talk like we have headgear in. Or we sound like me every night with my retainers in. Because yes, I still wear them.
Tyler is currently manning the ‘Cue so I gotta go get some salads ready for din din. PEACE.
I have a mish mash of things to talk about. I could make this one long cohesive post, but I’m not the best at transitional writing. Or any writing for that matter.
Last night I made a BOMB ASS chicken salad. I didn’t really follow a recipe, nor did I really track the amounts of the ingredients I used, but I’m still gonna share the goods.
I used shredded chicken (boneless chicken breasts and chicken broth in the crockpot on high for four hours and shredded with 2 forks), red grapes, cashews, celery, mayo, plain Greek yogurt, spicy brown mustard, lemon juice, white vinegar, salt, and pepper.
This morning, my mom and I went to Target for some random items, then headed over to the nail salon for some pedicures. Not gonna lie, the last time I got a pedicure was when I was in New York in August. I’m not really one to splurge on pampering (at least not on a regular basis) so it’s nice to sit in a sweet massage chair while someone rubs my feet and legs with lotion. note: I specifically sat in the tub before heading out so that I could shave up to my knees. Gross, I know. But hairy legs at a pedicure is even more gross.
Also note, the massage chair at this particular salon is no joke. It kneads and chops and rolls and vibrates and does everything you could possibly imagine. With my back still being sore from my Saturday workout, it was pure bliss.
I had picked up a new shade of Essie nail polish from Target, so as soon as I got home, I slapped that shade on! (It’s called Armed and ready!!) My mom is convinced it’s grey, but it’s a deep green with a slight shimmer. I love it.
Today’s workout for Best Body Bootcamp focused on cardio, but I wasn’t really feeling it. Instead, I took inspiration from the deck of cards workout I did this last weekend with Ashley and Athena. I chose to do one cardio/more challenging ‘deck’ and another slightly easier strength ‘deck’. I got my grey gear on and was ready to sweat!
Squeezing your glutes, and keeping your heels together and knees wide, attempt to raise your heels in the air (think of squeezing enough to get your knees off the ground)
Return to start position. That’s 1!
(Like the sweet demo pics? I had my mom take them in the basement. Super pimp setup down there.)
Similar to before, I did the number of reps per face value, 10 reps for face cards and 11 for aces. The entire round took me about 23 minutes.
I then did a 1 mile incline on the walk before getting a jump on Round 2 which looked like this:
That’s about all I have for now. Let me know if you need further explanation of those dumb exercise pics I posted!
Question:What’s your favorite way to eat chicken? Got any recipes you’d like to share?!!