It’s gonna be a long one, folks. I’ve got lotsa stuff to share.
Then, I took The Works (In my mind, I heard the Who Wants to be a Millionaire music as I typed ‘The Works’). Boy, did it live up to its name. I introduced myself to the instructor and asked her what I’d need for the class. She replied:
A Bosu Ball
2 sets of weights
A resistance band
That’s a lot of stuff! Her workout was pretty good, a lot of cardio/strength combos and it was 1 hour and 15 min! My favorite was doing a plank with my forearms on the bosu ball with each foot on a glider and doing mountain climbers. TOTAL. BODY. WORKOUT. The last 15 minutes was yoga-esque. I suppose it was a good stretch, but I’m not really a yoga person. I went back to the elliptical after the class and decided to do an “Around the World” workout for 30 minutes. BEST PART YOU GUYS: I started off doing hill intervals in Africa and Toto’s Africa came on my iPod! I totally “GAHHH!-ed” out loud.
Lunchypoo was a new mix and super duper awesome.
I started with a bed of spinach, topped it with quinoa, sauteed brussel sprouts, broccoli, chickpeas and marinara sauce. Happy dance IN MY MOUTH. Go home at try it. Seriously. Go home now.
Since I was already getting pretty crafty in the kitchen, I decided to throw something together. Now, it’s not exactly a sweet, PER SAY, as it could be considered a breakfast bar? Meh, for me, sweets are chocolate and skittles, etc. NOT homemade cereal bars (even if they have butter and sugar. Pshhh) Plus, I just did about 2 hours at the gym, so as Chris Farley says “LAY OFF ME, I’M STARVING.” (If you’re not already laughing because you have no idea what I am referencing, I have linked the video below. Yay! Now you’re laughing!)
Ok, back to those cereal bars.
I was sooooo gonna post the recipe and be all Look At Me, I’m Such a Betty Crocker, I Can Just Whip Up Anything. BUT. Massive fail. It boiled over and just got all weird like. Basically, an 8×8 pan of blob. It was going to feature this cereal:
Much better. KASHI!
Good news, dear reader. I am still a Betty. I stirred the blob, threw it back in the oven for a few minutes, then let it cool. I scooped it over some plain Chobani and it was gone in lickity split (the serving, not the whole blobness).
On to other things..I was tagged in one of those 11 things posts by Athena!
1.Post these rules.
2.You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3.Answer the 11 questions set for you in their post.
4.Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5.Tag 11 people. Then go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them. This isn’t meant to be a “do this if you’re reading this” kind of thing.
K, since I’m still a new blogger, I’m skipping 4&5 for now… just about every blog I follow has already done this..
11 Random Things About Me
1. I have the same order of operations EVERY TIME I shower
2. I lived in Northern California and Southern California, and I totally love Northern California way better. (Even though I was born in Newport Beach, holla!)
3. I am scared to death of swimming in lakes, ponds, rivers, etc. because I’m scared to death of fish. But I have no problem throwing myself in the ocean. Probably because I grew up on the ocean.
4. I WILL NOT EAT ANYTHING FROM THE SEA. gross.
5. I still wouldn’t mind marrying JTT.
6. I still wear the exact same retainers I was given in 2002. Every night.
7. I scream as loud as I can when I’m falling asleep in the car. Unless other people re with me, then I just make them drive.
8. My favorite episode of Saved by the Bell was the Cinderella one where Zach, Screech and AC Slater all tried to give the Golden Reebok to this chick they liked. It’s never on TV, but I swear it exists.
9. I sang in Carnegie Hall. As a Soprano. In Latin. Yes, you may ask for a demonstration.
10. One of the very first soccer teams I played on was called Wild Things. Every time we scored a goal, one of the parents would blast that song on the boombox (yes, boombox). I still think those goals were the coolest moments of my life. I was 7. I’m now 25.
11. In high school, we wore uniforms that consisted of many different colors of polo shirts. I used to match my eyeshadow to whatever color shirt I wore. Then douse myself in glitter. Thank god it was an all girls school. That could’ve been awkward..or embarassing. Or both.
1. Why did you start blogging?
- I just moved 2500 miles from home and wanted to keep in touch with everyone! (aka: I want to keep you people laughing!)
2. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- Invisibility. Oh, the things I could sit in on.
3. What’s your unhealthiest habit?
- Going back for seconds. And trying to reason why it’s ok that I’m doing it. Ugh, the mental struggle.
4. What’s your favorite ab exercise?
- Anything plank related. Yeah, buddy.
5. Tell me about an awkward moment you’ve had recently. Ready, go.
- I have been taking a lot of new-to-me classes at the gym here in Calgary, and when I was actually getting in to one of the workouts, the instructor said “Is everyone feeling this?!” I think it was more of a rhetorical question, and I must have thought I was in Athena’s class because I yelled “OH YEAHHHH!!” No one else had responded, and they all looked at me, the new girl, and gave awk looks.
6. Big sunglasses, yay or nay?
7. What’s your favorite group fitness class? Do you even take group fitness classes?
- I’m in group fitness class limbo, but I’ll take anything that incorporates a lot of strength and cardio. High-intensity. I want to almost cry. I want to be sore the next day. I want to be back in your class, Athena!
8. Do you think bacon really is delicious on/with anything?
- Yes. Well no, maybe not a fruit smoothie.
9. What blog post from another blog is sticking out in your mind as memorable this week?
- I’m a fan of anything non-baby or non-wedding related. I need to relate to other bloggers!
10. What about maintaining a healthy lifestyle do you find the most challenging?
- Not being so hard on myself. I am mindful of my eats, I exercise on the reg., but I still compare myself to others and think I could do better.
11. Do you snort when you laugh?
- Um, no. I have the most feminine laugh. Giggle, if you will.
Thanks for the tag, Athena! Now I’m off to walk Layla. She seems to have taken a liking to my yoga mat today.
Downward dog, Layla!