Another workout..yes, really.

…I’m back. Lots of things to share from today, and it’s not even over!

For breakfast this morning, I was having a hankering for pancakes. So…I made them. Ooooh and they were so good you guys.

Here’s the recipe:


  • 3/4 cups oats
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 cup flour
  • 2 tsp brown sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 egg
  • 4 tbsp butter, melted


1. Combine the oats and milk. Let set for 5 minutes.

2. Add everything else to oat mixture.

3. Pour batter on skillet until each side is lightly browned.

Makes 4

(I drizzled honey on mine. You should too)

Then, because it’s Friday, I ate my breakfast in bed. Accompanied with my variety of liquids.

Fast forward a few hours (nothing to see here, people) to lunch

Scrambled eggs mixed with veggie marinara, black beans and a side of rye crackers.

And now for today’s workout. Usually, I take Fridays off, but lately I have been having that extra surge of energy, so today I decided to do yet another treadmill interval!

I got myself situated on a treadmill with a view

Then I got a-runnin’

This is how my workout was broken down

  • 0:00-5:00 @ 4mph
  • 5:00-6:00 @ 6mph
  • 6:00-7:00 @ 4mph
  • 7:00-10:00 @ 6mph
  • 10:00-11:00 @ 4mph
  • 11:00-13:00 @ 6mph
  • 13:00-14:00 @ 4mph
  • 14:00-17:00 @ 6mph
  • 17:00-18:00 @ 4mph
  • 18:00-19:00 @ 6mph
  • 19:00-20:00 @ 4mph
  • 20:00-25:00 @ 6mph
  • 25:00-26:00 @ 4mph
  • 26:00-29:00 @ 6mph
  • 29:00-30:00 @ 4mph
  • 30:00-31:00 @ 6mph
  • 31:00-32:00 @ 4mph
  • 32:00-35:00 @ 6mph
  • 35:00-36:00 @ 4mph
  • 36:00-38:00 @ 6mph
  • 38:00-39:00 @ 4mph
  • 39:00-42:00 @ 6mph
  • 42:00-43:00 @ 4mph
  • 43:00-44:00 @ 6mph
  • 44:00-45:00 @ 4mph
  • 45:00-50:00 @ 6mph
  • 50:00-51:00 @ 4mph
  • 51:00-54:00 @ 6mph
  • 54:00-55:00 @ 4mph
  • 55:00-56:00 @ 6mph
  • 56:00-60:00 @ 4mph


Post workout fuel consisted of fresh strawbs, 1/3 banana, OJ and ice blended. HIT.THE.SPOT.

My afternoon was straight up dedicated to Layla. The poor girl had a vet appointment for some follow up blood work. She did awesome with the doctors, but left with a band-aid.

I kind of felt bad, though. I pretended we were going for a walk, when really we just ended up walking to the vet. Terrible move for a dog-mommy to make. (Car was still getting all $049520397235092 of work done).

To make up for my awfulness, we walked to the little pet store in the same shopping center so that Layla could get some well earned treats. This was my first time actually taking Layla into a pet store and I was very skeptical. Especially since this particular store has a huge display of chewies and treats that are dog level- right at the entrance. But she was a star!

She got her treats

And a WAY better harness. (How do I know it’s better, you ask? Well, because she wore it on the walk home and she was a doll. No pulling. It was a-MUH-zing.)

We just picked up my car and I have had chili simmering in the pot since I began writing this post. If you do the math, that means the chili is ready and it’s my time to say goodnight!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s