Mmmk mmmmk, let’s talk more about meeeeeeee. No one seems to be interrupting or even commenting, so I’ll take that as a go-ahead.
I ended up doing 30 minutes of cardio at the Y, then finished off with arms. (I already did a full body workout and extra abs this am!)
I’m gonna jot down some gym pet peeves. It really doesn’t matter what gym you go to, you will most definitely see some of these things. Feel free to add on others I fail to mention.
- Wanderers. These people look as if they feel satisfactory enough by just having made it to the gym, yet they have no idea what to do. And if they do decide on a machine, it’s for about 45 seconds until they change their minds. Then, because they weren’t on the machine for that long, they feel they are exempt from having to wipe it down. People, I still don’t want your germs.
- Creeps. I’m talking to you, fellas. Stop checking out the girls with the tights spandies or the low cut tops. Yeah, they’re asking for it, but it’s rude. And gross. And us laddddies feel inclined to either talk to management about you, or just confront you in person. If it gets to that point, you should just be embarrassed.
- Another one for the boys: Why do you always have to grab your junk between sets? NO ONE wants to see that. Plus, I gag.
- Sweaty gorillas. I fall under this category. MAKE SURE TO WIPE OFF ANY EQUIPMENT. Otherwise, it’s like the skit from Jackass 3 where Steve-O drinks Preston’s sweat. Not pretty.
- Groups. Do 14 teenage boys need to huddle around one piece of equipment? No. This isn’t social hour.
- Naked people. Ugh, they make stalls for a reason. It takes all my might not to gasp in horror when I round the corner and find wrinkly boobs. I just worked out hard, I might be prone to fainting, and nakedness doesn’t help the cause.
One thing I LOVE about my Y here in Calgary is that there is no equipment signup. AKA: No one’s is going to tap you on the shoulder and demand to see the ‘time elapsed’ on your machine to make sure you are not cutting into their allotted 30 minutes. That system is not effective. Anywhere. I have been to this Y a crap ton of times already, and not once have I seen a problem. Good job Crowfoot YMCA!
Phew. I feel better now.
In honor of National Spinach Day, lunch consisted of a Green Monster (frozen banana, 2 handfuls baby spinach, almond milk, 3 ice cubes and a splash of vanilla) and an english muffin topped with Trader Joe’s Cranberry Apple Butter (When you have an obsession and you have limited packing room, you make room for necessities)
After some domestic chores, (laundry, change bed, grocery shop and
take a bath)—> ok, maybe that last one isn’t a chore, but I did it anyway, I painted my nails. Woop! Perhaps it was to pay homage to St. Patrick’s Day a tad bit late, or perhaps the spinach smoothie got to me, but the green was calling my name. Warning: Do not zoom in on this picture, I have fierce cuticles. And if you decide to zoom in, don’t judge me, it was a cold winter and I have sensitive skin.
I decided I was going to make tonight’s dinner a Meatless Monday dinner. This was for a couple of reasons; a) We still need to stock up on meats at Costco, and b) I’m sick of chicken.
So, I came up with a little pasta concoction. I packed the meal with a lot of veggies, to make sure a good a good dose of vitamins and goodness.
Whole wheat penne with broccoli, yellow pepper and fresh green beans. Drizzle with EVOO and add a dash of salt.
Ahhh, back to that grocery store trip I mentioned. Only wanted to get some produce to fluff up our pasta dish, but decided to check out the yogurt section to see what they had going on (again, I have to wait for our Costco run, but argh, I couldn’t help myself) Ok, so they have 3 different brands of greek yogurt. Liberte, as I have mentioned before, and two other brands I have never seen. It took me forever to figure out what they were because all the dang containers were French-facing-front! I am sooo not a fan of this two language thing. Anyhoo, none of the yogurts were 0% or even 1%! They were all regular fat, whatever that may be, and contained 18g of fat per serving! My indulgence in that aisle was quickly squashed. I can wait.
I am almost done with Mockingjay! It took me longer than usual to get through because of my meltdown-of-a-week last week. I am hoping to finish tonight! Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can read next? I don’t like serious books or Jodi Picoult or sci fi (The Hunger Games is an odd exception)
That green smoothie looks fantastic!!!
When guys look at girls that way, it makes me so sad. Why girls have to dress that way bugs me. They’re not making life easier for the guys and they’re attracting the creeps. Not the nice guys.
I have gym pet peeve!! Smelly people. I don’t care if it’s the scent of the meal you cooked earlier or just straight up B.O., people need to keep their odors in check! GAG!!!
Hahaha I cracked up at the books you’re not into. Jodi Picoult is also on my “hell no, I’m not reading that” list. I’m currently reading The Paris Wife, which is OK. It’s taken me a while to get into it, and now that I am, it’s pleasant but nothing earth shattering. I’m also on the hunt for the next book that’s going to CONSUME me. That’s all I want!
I am reading this book called Sole Sisters right now – it’s an inspirational book of short stories about women and running. Check it out! That penne looks delish!
I will also comment since you say you never get comments, but I do read all your entries. As far as girls “asking for attention” at the gym by wearing tight or low-cut clothing, I want to defend that point a little bit. I am often embarrassed by the amount of cleavage I have going on at the gym, but honestly, when I put these bad boys in a sports bra, I can’t really help it. I know many people desire larger boobs, but it’s not all fun and games.
Keep posting your smoothie recipes! I am trying to get into a smoothie kick right now, so your blog is really helping!
I can’t find a good book to read ever since I finished the hunger games series in February, so let me know if you find one!
Thanks ashley! I think when I wrote that post I had just come from a gym session where a lot of women where simply wearing sports bras and booty shorts!
Sent from my iPhone
If you haven’t read Divergent by Veronica Roth, you must! Might be the only book I read faster than The Hunger Games.
ooo I’ll have to look into it! Thanks for the book rec 🙂